Back home for the trains...

Started by mushroom2, August 20, 2006, 11:35:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mushroom2

well OK, to see the relatives as well.

Spent some time back in Rob's stompin grounds, the Harrisburg area. I'm origionally from York, but lived for a while in Harrisburg so I had to check out the area after being away for 15+ years.

Harrisburg station was full of memories with that GG1 sitting there. I had many a trip to Philly behind one of those. With Harris tower where my uncle worked for the Pennsy (gee, am I dating myself here?)

I lived for awhile near the Rockville bridge. As a matter of fact, my school bus would run up by there every day. What a great time.

I had another uncle whose fron porch overlooked the east (south) end of Enola. Spent a lot of time out there when we visited. Everythings so grown up now, you can hardly see anything. Oh well.

For the pics go to http://www.davesphotopages.com/index.html and scroll down to Harrisburg, Rockville Bridge & Enola Pennsylvania.

E.M. Bell

Nice work, and thanks for sharing. I was begining to wonder if caleb and myself where the only two folks on the board that still went out took pictures :)
E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk