Final shots from 2011

Started by Matt L, January 09, 2012, 07:24:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt L

The insanity of the holidays has finally calmed down... so here is the final batch of shots from last year. I chose to make a pilgrimage to CP Cass a few days before New Year's. The joint NS/CP transfer 39T came through the interlocking around mid-morning.

Photo taken by me Thu 12/29/2011 in Hornell, NY. 
Got questions? I can help you with the Erie Lackawanna (including predecessors), Lehigh Valley, Delaware & Hudson and the shortlines of upstate NY.

Matt L

CP locomotives are the usual power for 39T and its eastbound counterpart 38T. In this case, 4 widecabs sandwiched an older SOO EMD.

Got questions? I can help you with the Erie Lackawanna (including predecessors), Lehigh Valley, Delaware & Hudson and the shortlines of upstate NY.

Matt L

39T heads up the old Erie Buffalo Division.

Matt L

NS 205 passed through CP Cass later in the morning.

Matt L

NS 205 heads westbound on the Southern Tier Mainline.

Matt L

The power for 205 crosses West Street.

Matt L

The consist for 205 passes through CP Cass.

Matt L

The tail end of NS 205 clears the signals at CP Cass.

Matt L

This NS hi-rail MOW truck passed through town shortly before noon.

Matt L

The sole eastbound I saw that day was 38T.

Matt L

The power for 38T arrives at the Cass Street crossing.

Matt L

As the tail end of 38T indicates, there had been a little snowfall in parts of upstate NY. Thankfully, it was mostly absent at CP Cass.

Matt L

The signals at CP Cass indicate the Southern Tier Mainline (which diverges to the right) is open from CP Cass to Arkport.

Matt L

23K arrived in mid-afternoon with 6 widecabs for power.

Matt L

Westbound 23K crosses West Street.

Matt L

At the present time 23K and its eastbound counterpart 22K are the only intermodal freights on the Southern Tier Mainline. There are unsubstantiated rumors that NS might add more intermodal traffic to this line after the new Mechanicville yard is opened.

Matt L

The tail end of 23K has cleared MP 332. It was my final Norfolk Southern sighting of the year. Darkening skies and falling temps convinced me to leave shortly afterward.

Photo taken by me Thu 12/29/2011 in Hornell, NY. Yep, that's all folks... for a truly fine year of chasing. Hopefully, 2012 will be just as good or even better!  ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk