The Most Boring Trip Report You Will Ever Read

Started by cmherndon, August 08, 2006, 12:41:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cmherndon

Yes, that's right.  This report contains no hyperbole, no shots at foamers, no euphemisms, and relatively crappy photography (but feel free to tell me I have nice shots since it's good for the soul). It will quite possibly be the most boring trip report you will ever read.

On July 16, NS 44A derailed a few cars on the rear end while leaving the siding at Waddy. The derailment tore up the switch on the east end and the siding was out of service for a week until the switch was replaced on the 22nd. With this info, Emmett and I headed over to Waddy to watch the ensuing parade.

We stopped in Lawrenceburg first, though, to get a few shots of the GP50 that was T19's power for the previous week.  Of course, I got the usual lame roster shots for my personal collection, but did shoot a few details, including the following.

Then we head over to Waddy and hang out at the dump crossing for a little bit.  The track crew was still working on the switch, since they weren't able to start the projected time.  99T was also down on the east end, picking up a few of the derailed cars.  We got several shots of it, but all of mine sucked.

The track opened back up a little bit after 5:00 pm, and we witnessed a five train meet between 99T, 23G, 111, 375, and 287.  375 ended up stalling on the hill and required a push from 287. As the train negotiated the famous S-curve, the sun appeared briefly, making for some awesome storm light.  Alas, the train was a little too far away and I wasn't able to get a decent shot.  Luckily, the sun reappeared as 287 ducked into the siding.

Yes, I know that's a horrible, completely lame wedgie, but at least there's the storm light.  The sun quickly went away, but we stopped again in the middle of the siding to get one more shot. Deciding to try something a little different, I shot the train's reflection in the truck mirror.

After this, we got a few more shots of 375 and 99T at the west end of the siding, and headed home shortly thereafter. Hanging out for a few hours at Waddy was a great way to pass the time and get out of the house on a Saturday afternoon.

Until next time, I hope y'all enjoy and thanks for looking!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk