Please watch yourself around the Danville yard

Started by Dieselfan, October 19, 2005, 01:58:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dieselfan

With appologies? to the members of this list,I need to climb up on my soap box for a second.This afternoon down in the dorm parking lot,I was sitting waiting for a s/b to roll in,and there was another guy sitting in his car under the trees eating lunch.When the train rolls in,he grabs his camera,runs down the siding n/b to take some pictures,heading past Perryville St.He didn't look  like an NS employee,as I've seen him do this before,as I have other people.I also don't think he was a member of the Salvisa RR Photography Club,since that side didn.t have the best sun angles anyway.The way the RR's are running the railfans off left and right anymore,we are VERY fortunate to have NS allow us in and around the yard at all! I don't want a few inconsiderate risk takers to ruin it for everyone else who frequints the Danville area ona regular basis.Besides,If I couldn't drive down to the yards 3 or 4 times a day,I might actually have to start on that honey-do list I have been neglecting at home! I'm sorry to ruffle any feathers of fellow list members,that's not my intention.Let's all try to be carefull of where we are at and ask your self if a better angle of a pair of smoking toasters,is worth getting kicked out of the yard area!??

Dieselfan

Anonymous

Anybody that runs up a siding to catch a train ought to be shot. I guess he hasn't read "The Guide to Railfanning" book yet (if y'all know what I mean) ;) .

cmherndon

QuoteThe way the RR's are running the railfans off left and right anymore,we are VERY fortunate to have NS allow us in and around the yard at all! I don't want a few inconsiderate risk takers to ruin it for everyone else who frequints the Danville area ona regular basis.

How right you are.  It's a darn shame if those few railfans who don't have any sense about them screw it up for those of us who know better.  I just wonder why some people feel like the railroad is a playground.  Then again, I shouldn't wonder too hard because might head might explode and I really don't want to clean that mess up.

A friend of mine who works there has told me that on more than one occasion there have been railfans down around the yard in places they're not supposed to be.

Quoteask your self if a better angle of a pair of smoking toasters,is worth getting kicked out of the yard area!??

It's not even worth getting a better angle of some EMD's.

Dieselfan

I have seen that so many times here the last couple of years,it's not funny anymore!It's bad enough the crews have to watch out for drunk Centre college kids,and the young childeren who live nearby that just have to get across while the train is stopped.But thats another soap box to climb some other time!

E.M. Bell

We should count ourselves lucky in this area that we have a place like DV to go and hang out without being hassled,,,just look at what has been going on all around the country with folks being hassled by the FBI, HLS and local yocals just for watchng trains. Usually the biggest thing the crews do around here is throw up a friendly wave (except for that one old-head engnieer on the 2nd district who insist on flying the bird everytime he see's us out).

DV is the perfect place to sit back and watch on those days when your to lazy to do anyting else or you just feel the urge to hide from the wife (and that honey -do list). Someone screws that up by doing stupid stuff and they will have a angry horde after them! I highly doubt that who ever it was is from this group. I like to think that most folks we hang out with are more intelligent than that.

Salvisa Photogrpahy club??  :P
E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

Dieselfan

I didn't really think this person was a member of this group,but on the off shoot he was maybe next time he'll think twice. He may not of known any better.The dorm lot is starting to get crowded anymore with the M/W guys taking over the dormitory building,it's getting harder to stay out of their way!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk