operation and track arrangement

Started by kh25, July 07, 2012, 12:10:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kh25

i have a question does anyone know where this type of situation would exist:

a main line track and then a trailing point switch, the track coming off the main runs down to a customer the track holds 4 cars, maybe 5 depending on the car length, before the track gets to the customer there is another trailing switch this track runs  between some buildings around a curve and straightens out to serve 3 more customers all trailing point switches, will call this track the industrial track

back to the original track that serves an warehouse. the local train serves the warehouse on monday morning and then on Wednesday, on Wednesday they pick up the cars that were dropped there on monday and take these cars back onto the main line where on an adjacent track they had earlier placed incoming boxcars, they then  they drop off the pulled cars on the adjacent track
now the warehouse track is clear so then the train   crosses the street couples onto more cars that go to the industrial track push these cars down the ware house track , throws the switch to the industrial track and serves those customers, about an hour later or so the train returns back to the ware house track throws the switch goes to the main grabs the cars off the adjacent track, backs today's cars to the warehouse and the train returns to the yard
then on saturday the train returns and does the same sequence.
so roughly the customers get about 48hrs to unload/load their cars
thanks
mark

NSMoWandS

Are you asking about the track arraignment, the switching procedure, or the 48 hrs time to unload the cars? They all seem fine to me... depending on how you want to run your layout. I have some industries that get switched twice a day, Some get once a day, and some once a week. It really all depends on the customer. I have one industry that gets switched every two day(or about) and I have to pull cars to spot the new ones, and if the old ones are not ready to be released... I will have to re-spot the old cars back to their original position. Hope this helps. Dan

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk