Started by TB4JY, January 04, 2008, 07:24:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TB4JY

Check out this video from Youtube.

Link Deleted by me.

mkerner

Cool :o,but I'll bet  Roanke is not amused :'(Mike

plnoldrick

snowman should have had the track locked out and his blue flag displayed. someone in roanoke at this very minute is attempting to find an address for the snowman to send him his trial papers

Norm

It will probably end up like the ebay auction with some dumbass notifying HQ of the video and then some guys getting reamed out for a little fun.

Norm
Norm

JCagle

Roanoke probably didn't have to be notified of the video. I know they have a pretty good grip on what is out there about them on the internet. How far any disciplinary action will go who knows, but I wouldn't think it would be looked upon by management as a good thing. You have to remember how much of a copycat society we have today. If someone sees it they will try to do it too. I don't know if this was done by a crew or not based on the laughter in the background. There may have been a crew in on it but who knows. The video has been out there for a year now, and the guy that added it doesn't have any other rail related videos. Yeah it was amusing to see and it was funny, but you have to consider what happens next time someone tries this. It obviously glorifies the number 1 way to piss off the railroads, trespassing. The railroad often turns a blind eye to some of the things people do near the tracks. Look at it this way, if you let your kids stay out till midnight then you find out that they have been out drag racing you would probably feel like your trust had been a little violated.

I don't want to seem like jerk or anything, but when you look at things from a different angle sometimes you can see the reason for why things happen like they do. Just a little food for thought.

BTW I did realy enjoy the video!
Alpha Phi Psi - Tarheel Chapter

alxmoss1992

Didnt anyone tell that stinkin snowman that tresspassing is illeagal?  ;D Sorry I couldnt resist!
Alex L. Moss

JCagle

It's ok. People just don't think beyond their own perspective sometimes. I mean yeah the guy got a ton of hits on youtube, but what happens when some kid sees that and tries to copy it and gets hit?

TB4JY

Quote from: mkerner on January 04, 2008, 04:32:55 PM

Well I guess Norfolk did not know about it.  I got a call from my trainmaster this afternoon asking me about the video.  Norfolk calls superintendent, who calls trainmaster, who calls me.   I told the boss I found it on you-tube and would delete the link here.  So that's what I did.   Sorry if this brings any heat on you Jreb admin guys. 

E.M. Bell

Quote from: TB4JY on January 07, 2008, 05:55:44 PM
Quote from: mkerner on January 04, 2008, 04:32:55 PM

Well I guess Norfolk did not know about it.  I got a call from my trainmaster this afternoon asking me about the video.  Norfolk calls superintendent, who calls trainmaster, who calls me.   I told the boss I found it on you-tube and would delete the link here.  So that's what I did.   Sorry if this brings any heat on you Jreb admin guys. 

I dont see how that could bring any "heat" on us, we did nothing wrong that I know of.  No worries Bob...
E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

Norm

Quote from: jbcagle7073 on January 07, 2008, 12:36:59 AM
I don't want to seem like jerk or anything, but when you look at things from a different angle sometimes you can see the reason for why things happen like they do. Just a little food for thought.

You didn't come across as a jerk,  so don't worry about that.  Hopefully no NS crews were involved in the stunt, even though it was harmless. 
Believe it or not I have some idea of how people view things, and my job has given me plenty of opportunity to see things from others' perspective.  You'd be surprised at some of the perspectives people have.  It makes you wonder how they ever made it to adulthood. 

By the way, anytime I've ever interacted with someone trespassing on RR property, the RR has never turned a blind eye.  If the person was charged with trespassing, they were always prosecuted.  To my knowledge none of the cases I've been personally involved in have been dismissed due to lack of prosecution on the railroad's end.

Norm
Norm

JCagle

Quote from: Norm on January 07, 2008, 09:00:46 PM
Quote from: jbcagle7073 on January 07, 2008, 12:36:59 AM

You didn't come across as a jerk,  so don't worry about that.  Hopefully no NS crews were involved in the stunt, even though it was harmless. 
Believe it or not I have some idea of how people view things, and my job has given me plenty of opportunity to see things from others' perspective.  You'd be surprised at some of the perspectives people have.  It makes you wonder how they ever made it to adulthood. 

By the way, anytime I've ever interacted with someone trespassing on RR property, the RR has never turned a blind eye.  If the person was charged with trespassing, they were always prosecuted.  To my knowledge none of the cases I've been personally involved in have been dismissed due to lack of prosecution on the railroad's end.

Norm

I wasn't refering to you personally with the perspective thing Norm, so I hope you didn't take it that way. A lot of people can only see things one way and don't stop to see things from a different light. It is definately a miracle some people were even allowed to breed.
I guess I could have been a little clearer in my statement when I said the railroad turns a blind eye. I was not referring to trespassing in any way.

What I meant by turning a blind eye is the fact that the airlines are not friendly towards photography near airports ect at all. Some places and airlines allow it, but they definately have a negative attitude towards it for the general public. Many of the activities involved in railfanning can seem suspicious looking to those that have no idea what all is involved with it. There aren't that many industries in existence that have a following of people chasing with cameras and snapping pictures and publishing them. The several I can think of are railroads, celebrities, and airlines. Celebrities and Airlines are not fond of the idea. The railroads somewhat embrace it as free pr and don't really mind it as long as we play by their rules. If they wanted to tomorrow, they could take a less friendly approach to our activities.

I guess my whole point is to say if we respect the railroads they will respect us.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk