Track Authority forms

Started by NWY6b, June 26, 2007, 08:26:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NWY6b

Hello To all,
I was invited  to join this group yesterday and decided to climb aboard. Maybe someone on here can help me.
Recently the Alabama Div. of NS switched from track warrants to the new track authority forms. The Georgia Div. has been using them for several years now. While listening to the dispatch,I copy down the info onto them just as the conductor does before heading trackside to get a pic.They make for great reference later on if I need to check for any info. concerning a pic I took on that particular day. If anyone here can get me copy of  the new Track Authority form I'd sure appreciate it. Thanks for any help,and it's great to be here!

Dan

Knothead

This is about the same thing that NS uses I think.

nscnotp1

It is similar to the Track Warrant on the NS.

Here is what I know
Track Warrant Number:____________
Date:_______________________
To: __________________ at ___________________

[1] Track Warrant #__________ is void
[2] Proceed from _________________to____________on_____________track
[3] Work Between _________________ and  _________________ on ______________track
[4] ?????????
[5] Not in effect until after arrival of ____________, ____________, _____________ at _____________
[6] Hold Main track at last named point.
[7] Do not foul limits ahead of ___________, ____________, ____________.
[8] Clear Main track at last named point.
[9] Between _____________ &_____________make all movements at restricted speed. Limits occupied by train
[10] Between _______________&________________make all movements at restricted speed. Limits occupied by men or equipment.
[11] Do not exceed ________MPH between__________&___________
[12] Other specific instructions: __________________________________________________

Dispatcher:__________________
Copied by:_____________________
Time Ok'd:_________________
Limits reported Cleared Out:______________________by_____________________

I don't have an idea what box 4 would be but maybe Emmett or Junior could give us a little more insight to that. I do hope that is pretty close to what the NS uses on the Louisville Dst for Track Warrants---if my memory serves me right.

Hoydie17

I'm fairly certain NS's 23A forms are based upon the NORAC track warrants template, but here are the "conditional terms" as it's referred to in the DS world at least from the NORAC books.  I'm NORAC qualified, and I pulled this out of my old books.

1 - Void a prior warrant
    2- Proceed from point to point
    3- Proceed from point to point (cont.)
    4- Work between certain limits
    5- Not in effect until ____
    6- Authority expires at ____
    7- Not in effect until after the arrival of ____ at ____
    8- Hold main track at last named point
    9- Do not foul limits ahead of ____
    10- Clear main track at last named point
    11- Between ____ and ____ make all movements at restricted speed: limits occupied by train
    12- Between ____ and ____ make all movements at restricted speed: limits occupied by men or equipment
    13- Do not exceed ____ mph between _____ and ____
    14- Do not exceed ____ mph between _____ and ____
    15- Flag protection not required against following trains on same track
    16- Track bulletins in effect
    17 and 18- Other specific instructions
Α Φ Ψ  -  Old Dominion Chapter

"I'm not only the club president, I'm also a client."

CTT1(SW) Steven P. Daugherty, United States Navy - 1978 to 2007 - KIA, Baghdad, Iraq - You will not be forgotten.

Junior

Quote from: Hoydie17 on June 28, 2007, 07:24:30 AM
I'm fairly certain NS's 23A forms are based upon the NORAC track warrants template, but here are the "conditional terms" as it's referred to in the DS world at least from the NORAC books.  I'm NORAC qualified, and I pulled this out of my old books.

The new Track Authority form is more like the NORAC form.  I have heard that we will be using them soon on the LS.

Quote from: Buddy on June 28, 2007, 12:13:24 AM
I don't have an idea what box 4 would be but maybe Emmett or Junior could give us a little more insight to that. I do hope that is pretty close to what the NS uses on the Louisville Dst for Track Warrants---if my memory serves me right.

4.) This Authority Expires at ___________M

I have heard mixed emotions about the New Track authority form.  The size of the form is larger than the Track Warrants.  It also does away with form 23A because it is a combined form.  This new system should be used system wide when fully implemented.

Junior

nscnotp1

I believe the Union Pacific is using this form on their system.

jcmark4501

Sounds exactly like an EC-1 that CSX uses now. On an EC-1 the DS can tell a train everything from where to proceed, new slow orders, crossings to flag, heat orders, and anything else that might have popped up since the train got their bulletins. Just like with anything else, once you use it enough you get used to it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk