Aftermath of a winter storm on the CNO&TP

Started by CarmonH, January 15, 2011, 08:58:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CarmonH

Last Saturday 01/08/11, after Southern Kentucky was struck by the first major winter storm of the year, Emmett and myself spent the day "working" the area between Burnside Ky and Winfield TN. The high temp was around 15 degree's. with a steady 20 mph wind blowing all day, 4 or 5 inches of snow and ice covered roads (that caused us more than One problem), but it was a good day for photography  Railroads run in all kinds of weather, so why not shoot them in all kinds of weather!  

Besides the dents in the car and EB's injured pride, we had a good day, with lots of trains. I am adding a few teasers here, but be sure to check out all my images here at this link.  (13 new ones) http://www.pbase.com/kd4jsl/ns2011carm

A NS SD50 and Two other EMD's lead a early morning grain train South, through the ice filled cut at Parkers Lake KY.

A solid line of tank cars on NS 66M at Parkers Lake, and yes, it was as cold as it looks.

A UP engine on NS train 295 at Cumberland Falls KY, late in the afternoon after the sun started to peek through the clouds.

EB braces against the cold wind and blowing snow as NS 215 streaks by at Sillersville, TN. This was a totally random shot and the EMP sign on the container behind him was just pure luck.  

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk