Using the EMB EWS

Started by butch, November 01, 2010, 10:03:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

butch

My wife and daughters went shopping Saturday-I didn't.  After checking the EMB EWS I headed to Burnside to catch the SBs that were lined up.  Simple goal, take a picture of each one, but change locations between every train while trying to find some decent fall color.

On the way in to Burnside, I checked out this ballast train sequestered on the spur to the Cooper power plant

215 snuck up on me near the bridge at Burnside, so I hustled down to Criswell Road below KD Tower for this pic

229 was not to far behind and I was able to get into position for this shot of it coming under the Shelton Rd bridge with 30 seconds to spare

143 was supposed to be next but it was stopping to pick up a work train at Burnside so it lost a couple of hours.  227 ran around it and I eventually settled on a spot at the 173 mile post just above Cave Springs Road.  As I was setting up for this picture...

I heard a NB approaching for what turned out to be an almost perfect view of the meet.  I set my second camera for video and this is what it looked like

http://home.insightbb.com/~heyref51/MeetMP173.avi

143 finally started moving again and I got it coming out of the shadows at Dead Ox Hollow

And a good time was had by all.
Butch Adkins

Railroad Tunnel hunting in Kentucky

E.M. Bell

The EMB EWS is sometimes effective, but just wait to you and Caleb get the bill for this year....
E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

butch

oh oh, there goes my camera budget...
Butch Adkins

Railroad Tunnel hunting in Kentucky

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk