My NS Photos around Louisville,KY

Started by SimRacin40, August 27, 2009, 12:00:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SimRacin40

I've got a few NS photos up here:
http://simracin40.rrpicturearchives.net/archivethumbs.aspx?id=47256

Hope the link is ok,keeps from overloading the thread with pictures.

I've really just started to explore the NS Louisville Division,I'm unfamiliar with the mileposts and most train symbols I find seem out of date(but I'll check out the stuff here). I've had two westbounds surpirse me at Buechel. I'd like to explore the line more to the east,but I'm not sure where decent spots are other than Harrodsburg or Lawrenceburg. I've made several trips to the CNO&TP as well.

E.M. Bell

Nice stuff. Drop me a PM or a email sometime if you want the 50cent tour of this end of the LS. Lots of good stuff!
E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

SimRacin40

Quote from: E.M. Bell on August 27, 2009, 05:01:03 PM
Nice stuff. Drop me a PM or a email sometime if you want the 50cent tour of this end of the LS. Lots of good stuff!

Thanks,I'm actually not too far from your end of the Louisville Division,All I have to do is hit the Bluegrass Parkway and I'm near Lawrenceburg in about 40 minutes' time. Same goes for Buechel over in Louisville,or up at UofL campus on the Floyd Street diamond.

E.M. Bell

Sounds good...hit me up sometime. I am about 5 mins South of exit 59 on the BG.
E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

SimRacin40

I've ridden down the road between Lawrenceburg and Harrodsburg a few times. I think I tried to get to the NS line one day near Salvisa but they were doing roadwork so I ended up heading back. I'm on vacation from work next week so I might do a little more exploring of that line.

E.M. Bell

Between the Parkway and Harrodsburg going South, any road to the Right  will take you to the tracks.  There is not much of a shot at Nevins Station (first road south of the BG). Decent EB shot at Wheat School road. Kirkwood road to Bondville road will get you the bridge shot down the road from my house. Vanarsdale Road will get you the "white fence shot". Garret Lane takes you to the West of of the siding at Talmage, and Talmage Mayo road gets you to the East End. Jackson Pike has a killer EB shot in the late morning.

The LS is very scenic, you just have to do a little exploring! 
E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk