Sharon Yard

Started by butch, March 17, 2008, 09:16:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

butch

My youngest daughter played in a baskeball tournament in Cincinnati this weekend just across the creek from Sharon Yard.  I thought I'd run over between games and catch some action.  Three trips and this is what I got.  However, I can recommend the ribs at Burbank's.
Butch Adkins

Railroad Tunnel hunting in Kentucky

J-man

Thanks, Butch! That brings back memories, and I see they still have the blue Conrail bay window caboose up there.
God Bless America!
NS Conductor, CNO&TP
A few pictures

butch

Man, you've got good eyes to pick out the caboose in that picture.
Butch Adkins

J-man

Hahahaa, yeah that's the first thing that I think of when I think of Sharon yard.  It's neat to see an aerial type view of the turntable too.
God Bless America!
NS Conductor, CNO&TP
A few pictures

butch

Here's the best I can do on the caboose and a better look at the turntable.  Notice the door is closed, when I went back Sunday afternoon, the door was open...curious.
Butch Adkins

Bryan Oliver

Does anyone know if that turntable is still used? It looks like it's in the same position it was in when I was there in March 2007.

E.M. Bell

looks like the rails are shiny on it, so it must get used some.

The last time I was at Sharonville Yard, it was populated by Big Blue GE's.  NS is pretty much sewed in at Gest Street yard, and the option of using Sharon for overflow is a good thing. 
E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

butch

Don't know if the turntable is still used or not, but two things I noticed; the guide rail in the well that it turns on looked rusty, and there are two ties blocking the tracks just before the control shed.  They can both be seen in this pic.
Butch Adkins

Bryan Oliver

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk