12-29-07 on the CNO&TP 2nd district

Started by alxmoss1992, January 02, 2008, 05:22:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alxmoss1992

UP 1988 on NS 223 in Bowan,KY

NS 215 passing Palm

NS Freight crossing Green River Trestle.

NS Freight in Junction City
Alex L. Moss

E.M. Bell

Ah Grasshopper, you have done well :)   
E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

alxmoss1992

Quote from: E.M. Bell on January 02, 2008, 05:48:52 PM
Ah Grasshopper, you have done well :)   
;D ;D Thanks. RP doesnt like them to much :(
Alex L. Moss

Michael Knight

Quote from: NSFan14 on January 02, 2008, 06:07:31 PM

Thanks. RP doesnt like them to much :(

Don't worry about what Railpictures.net thinks! You photograph for yourself, not Railpictures.net. :)

E.M. Bell

Alex In action atop the Palm Pole, just before lensing the 215..

E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

Michael Knight

TRNBUF

Don't worry about what Railpictures.net thinks! You photograph for yourself, not Railpictures.net. :)

I agree, this is your great work.  Don't worry what non-railfans(RP.net) think.  This is for you enjoyment and for your own archives.  That way you can look back  years down the road and say "I remember this, that is a great shot I took".  Alex, I know your still young yet but this is something you show your kids.  That is my biggest enjoyment when doing this, showing my photos to my 2 year old son and all he says is "more choo-choo's".  :D

Don't forget, you do it for your fellow railfans, too. ;)

Great work Alex, keep it up!!!! ;)

~Mike

JCagle

The funny thing about rp is they reject shots that don't fit the profile and then I put these shots on my site and they become top hit getters. You would think they would want as many hits as they can get since they are barely making ends meet and both broke.
Alpha Phi Psi - Tarheel Chapter

alxmoss1992

Quote from: E.M. Bell on January 02, 2008, 06:45:55 PM
Alex In action atop the Palm Pole, just before lensing the 215..

WOW! I hate that smile
Alex L. Moss

alxmoss1992

Quote from: nsboxcar on January 02, 2008, 07:09:18 PM
What kid of camera do you have, Alex?
I have a Nikon D40. Not the best camera in the world...But hey its good enough for me.

Thanks guys for the kind words! I appreciate it and it encourages me!
Alex L. Moss

Michael Knight

Quote from: NSFan14 on January 02, 2008, 09:27:39 PM
I have a Nikon D40. Not the best camera in the world...But hey its good enough for me.

Hey, it's a Nikon, and that's good enough! ;) You'll be rady for a D300 in no time. :D

alxmoss1992

Quote from: nsboxcar on January 02, 2008, 10:00:19 PM
Quote from: NSFan14 on January 02, 2008, 09:27:39 PM

Hey, it's a Nikon, and that's good enough! ;) You'll be rady for a D300 in no time. :D
HAHAHA Yea when I come up with about $2000. My next camera id like to get is a Canon 30D. Itll be awhile till I get that...  ;D
Alex L. Moss

alxmoss1992

Well since emmett showed me I guess ill show him  ;D

Alex L. Moss

JCagle

Come to the light side young man! The good news is the 30D should be dropping in price dramatically since the introduction of the 40d. Just remember the camera only does so much. Even a brand new Ferrari is just a hunk of steel (nice looking but still a hunk of steel) without a driver. Just take the time to learn all the ins and outs of the functions of whatever camera you have and don't be afraid to make mistakes. When you do the fundamentals well it all takes off from there, and those are some nice looking shots. If Emmett says you're doing well then that means a world of rp pictures.

alxmoss1992

Quote from: jbcagle7073 on January 02, 2008, 11:45:31 PM
Come to the light side young man! The good news is the 30D should be dropping in price dramatically since the introduction of the 40d. Just remember the camera only does so much. Even a brand new Ferrari is just a hunk of steel (nice looking but still a hunk of steel) without a driver. Just take the time to learn all the ins and outs of the functions of whatever camera you have and don't be afraid to make mistakes. When you do the fundamentals well it all takes off from there, and those are some nice looking shots. If Emmett says you're doing well then that means a world of rp pictures.
Yea im not getting the 30d anytime soon. Im just saying I wouldnt mind getting one for a good price. I like my Nikon D40 and ive had it since October and im satisfied with it. Yea emmetts a great photographer and so is the rest of yall. So when you say good things about my photos then it makes me fell great. I appreciate it fellas!
Alex L. Moss

JCagle

Have you started playing with the raw settings on it yet? I'd like to step up to the 40d but I'd rather get some good glass first myself.

alxmoss1992

Quote from: jbcagle7073 on January 03, 2008, 12:10:31 AM
Have you started playing with the raw settings on it yet? I'd like to step up to the 40d but I'd rather get some good glass first myself.
Not yet. But I think i figured out how to change it from JPEG to RAW
Alex L. Moss

alxmoss1992

Another photo!

If im posting to much just let me know.
Alex L. Moss

butch

Is there a connection between this thread and the "Dang......."  thread?  I see the guy with the mega-lens making a face, and I keep wondering what he was zoomed in on to cause that look...then I see the shot of Emmett that was just posted...
Butch Adkins

Railroad Tunnel hunting in Kentucky

E.M. Bell

What are ya saying Butch...eh??...Eh?????????   ;D
E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

butch

Butch Adkins

Railroad Tunnel hunting in Kentucky

J-man

Gosh Alex, what did you do, run Emmett ragged?   From the look of the picture you took, I can't figure out whether he's takin' a breather or "in the zone".   ;D  Nice shots, btw.
God Bless America!
NS Conductor, CNO&TP
A few pictures

E.M. Bell

Quote from: J. Young on January 03, 2008, 10:08:16 PM
Gosh Alex, what did you do, run Emmett ragged?   From the look of the picture you took, I can't figure out whether he's takin' a breather or "in the zone".   ;D  Nice shots, btw.

Just mentally composing the upcoming shot in my mind, calculating Depth of field, light angles, speed of the train and the degree of elevation in the curve to produce the precise combination of focal length, Aperture  and   Shutter speed needed to perfectly capture the essence of the pair of catfish that was leading that grain train, all the while using the power of my mind to hold the clouds away from the sun.  Even with all of that, a shot of a train with a pair of GE's leading it still looked like crap...I might as well used a Nikon set on Auto ....

well...U asked....

Boy...I got to slam GE AND Nikon in one swoop....that was exhilarating!
E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

JCagle

Quote from: NSFan14 on January 03, 2008, 12:30:06 AM
Quote from: jbcagle7073 on January 03, 2008, 12:10:31 AM
Not yet. But I think i figured out how to change it from JPEG to RAW

Raw is a great option once you get used to it. I wouldn't go back and give away the control the raw settings give you.

Quote from: E.M. Bell on January 03, 2008, 10:42:54 PM
Quote from: J. Young on January 03, 2008, 10:08:16 PM

Just mentally composing the upcoming shot in my mind, calculating Depth of field, light angles, speed of the train and the degree of elevation in the curve to produce the precise combination of focal length, Aperture  and   Shutter speed needed to perfectly capture the essence of the pair of catfish that was leading that grain train, all the while using the power of my mind to hold the clouds away from the sun.  Even with all of that, a shot of a train with a pair of GE's leading it still looked like crap...I might as well used a Nikon set on Auto ....

well...U asked....

Boy...I got to slam GE AND Nikon in one swoop....that was exhilarating!

And if all else fails you can fall back on a point and shoot! That will save a lot of thought process to focus the force on keeping the sun out!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk