Service while you wait, 12/29/07 on the CNO&TP

Started by E.M. Bell, December 30, 2007, 03:32:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

E.M. Bell

While we where out waiting for the UP 1988 to run on Saturday 12/29, the ever reliable CNO&TP kept us busy with plenty of South bounds to shoot. A broken rail up on the First District near Bishop managed to stack up a ton of trains in the morning, and when they all  hit Danville in early afternoon, they ran like street cars for almost 4 hours.  Here is everything else that I shot during the day....

Just after sunup, NS 143 is stopped at the Yard office in Danville Ky  for a crew swap. 

A new Gevo leads 123 South at Junction city KY. 

179 crosses the Green River bridge at South Fork KY.  The lack of green vegetation kinda takes away from this shot during the winter. 

Right behind the 179 was a M43 with a solid EMD consist, seen here crossing the Green River bridge and making a joyful noise as they start up the grade to Kings Mountain. 

A look up at the Green River Bridge at South Fork KY

Train 215 was the next thing out, seen here rolling onto #2 track at Palm Ky.

Right behind the 215 was a 52A grain train with a pair of "classic" fish.  Palm KY.

After leaving Palm, we barely had enough time to get up to Moreland for the next pair of trains.  First up was 229 with a SD60 and a ailing 4 axle GE that would cause the train some problems on the hill at Kings Mountain.

Mintues behind 229 was a short 283.  A trio of Six axle units pulling 10 loaded auto racks..wonder what the HP/T ratio was on this one :)

Going for the glint shot with Northbound 230 at Bowen KY.

The last train of the day before the 223 ran was this 111, rolling onto Single track at Bowen KY. 

E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

Michael Knight

alxmoss1992

Great shots emmett!!

I had a fun time hangin out with you and chasing trains!
Ill post my pics on JREB tuesday night!
Alex L. Moss

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk