chasing the F units - my photos

Started by Batman, October 30, 2007, 10:36:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Junior

Nice work Mike,  Thanks for all your help

Later
Junior

Batman

thanks , and your welcome !    it was real fun !

Backyard

Backyard/Allen

E.M. Bell

Your head-on shot at Tenbridge with the TN river Terodactyl's  is one of the best I have seen so far from the day. Park Rangers be Dammed!
E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

J-man

Really nice shots Mike.  You sure can see the RailView in those F-Units from a mile away...
God Bless America!
NS Conductor, CNO&TP
A few pictures

Michael Knight

Quote from: E.M. Bell on October 31, 2007, 10:34:51 PM
Your head-on shot at Tenbridge with the TN river Terodactyl's  is one of the best I have seen so far from the day. Park Rangers be Dammed!

Yeah, that ranger kept watching all of us while Mike was looking down at him! ;D

Awesome day indeed!

J-man

The conductor on that OCS train just retired, and that was the very last trip for him.   He got to Chattanooga and planned on taking a cab back to Danville,  but was presented some kind of award by Wick Moorman himself.
God Bless America!
NS Conductor, CNO&TP
A few pictures

E.M. Bell

Quote from: J. Young on November 01, 2007, 08:53:25 PM
The conductor on that OCS train just retired, and that was the very last trip for him.   He got to Chattanooga and planned on taking a cab back to Danville,  but was presented some kind of award by Wick Moorman himself.

JR and myself where talking about that in Chatt, that it would be fitting for Mr Moorman to at least shake PD's hand. Good to know that his years of service where recognized. I never met him in person, but his voice  and style of calling signals was  classic CNO&TP to me. Seemed he was always riding 229 or some other hotshot carded train. "This ol 229 got a clear block here at Gradison...

You can see PD here riding the Conductors side of the 4271, making his last trip in Style..

E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

J-man

Absolutely!  I'll never forget PD's way of calling signals.  I was only around him on a few scarce occasions, but everybody liked ole PD.
God Bless America!
NS Conductor, CNO&TP
A few pictures

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk