A winters day on the CNO&TP, Part Two 02/17/07

Started by E.M. Bell, February 18, 2007, 06:12:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

E.M. Bell

Part Two..

After we had shot the 223 at Moreland, he manged to slip down and stall on the grade at Kings Mountain. Train M70 (Northbound) had to cut off and go drag them up the hill, allowing us to get down to Waynesburg to shoot them

Train M70's power passes a old farm house at Waynesburg Ky, after pulling a underpowered 223 up Kings Mountain

the power from train M70 crosses over from #2 to #1, in behind his train at Waynesburg Ky.

By the time the 223 mess got cleared up, 229 was already setting near Waynesburg. We moved down towards Gradison for a few.

After getting some delay at Kings Mountain due to a stalled 223, Southbound 229 rolls down Two track at Gradison Ky

Snow and fog fill the air as train M67 starts through Coon Hollow dip at Gradison KY.

A "moody" shot of M67 at Gradison Ky

Northbound train 230 flys over the roller coaster at Gradison KY

230 powers North into the gathering snowstorm at Gradison Ky

The last stop of the day was at Kings Mountain., The snow and sleet was really coming down by now, and we shot Two more trains before begining the slow trip home.

Northbound 224 starts down the hill at Kings Mountain Ky

Train 177 is struggling to keep moving on the snow covered rails as they slowly climb Kings Mountain

Jacob Gwinn (JLG), Junior Russell and G.W. Brandenburg at Kings Mountain KY

Slow going on an Ice covered Fishing Creek road near Kings Mountain

E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

TRNBUF

Nice snow shots!!!  I like the ones looking down the rails, pretty cool.

Was it cold out there??? ;D

~Mike

Ns Railfan

Awsome photos Emmit. Thanks for showing me around especially around Gradsion! ;). I just updated all my photos on the JREB Gallery page take a look!

Thanks
Jacob

E.M. Bell

Glad you enjoyed the 50 cent tour Jacob, sorry the weather was so depressing and the trains where less prolific than normal.

Your photos look good, here is the link to your stuff, if folks didnt find it.  http://jreb.org/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=6093
E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

Batman

he got to see all those trains for 50 cent ?     what a deal !

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk