Coal Drag On The South End Of The “C-Line” & WA

Started by NSSpike, January 08, 2016, 09:45:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NSSpike

January 6, 2016
With a curfew in effect for track work and tie replacement on the Alabama East End each week through the first week in February, most morning scheduled trains have run through west Georgia by 9pm central.  But there is north south traffic on the Georgia Div C-line. Ah be it a single coal drag and the Carrollton local G67.  With the sun low in the horizon and blue skies, today would be a good day to follow a coal drag south of Bremen to the power plant. Two main shots I want to get. In Carrollton at the Tanner Grocery Company warehouse and the trestle over Whooping Creek just north of  Georgia Powers Plant Wansley.  The latter is pretty much a winter time shot only due to the amount of trees that line both sides of the track. But with the leaves off the trees one can usually manage a good shot as long as it is taken no later than say 2:30pm this time of year.
After hearing 708 with the 1090 ACe leading, get their TW at Cedartown, I had about 90 minutes to catch this coal drag when it would be rolling through Bremen Georgia. Finished up my morning chores, headed west, grabbed BBQ / chips & tea at BilBo's and got positioned at CP South Bremen.

NS 708 (Mt. Vernon IL. - GP Wansley) heads south behind the Sewell Clothing Mfg plant at CP South Bremen.
The track to the left is the "South Connection" track to the Alabama Div East End CP C323.5

NS 708 heading south on the C-Line. Not far from this location, at the Tank Farm south bound crews notify the Carrollton local that they are at "Top Of The Hill"  This is about 10 miles north of the Carrollton depot. The objective is to have the local clear up the mainline so the coal drag can continue south without having to stop.

G67 (Carrollton Local) having cleared up the mainline at MP C-311

NS 708 heading south on the C-Line at the road crossing by the Tanner Grocery Company warehouse.

NS 708 heading south off the C-Line at Wansley JCT now on the 7 mile WA line at the Whooping Creek trestle MP WA-4.8

NS 708 DPU's over the trestle at MP WA-4.8
NSSpike
CDDX
MP680.6

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk