SD90-43MAC and the Reading Heritage unit in Danville

Started by Bill Richardson, January 12, 2015, 07:48:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Richardson

I had to go to Danville today and while there went to the RR yard.  It was a drizzly and rainy day, but I took my cameras and went to the tracks anyway.

The "high-hood" NS-5095 was still there, coupled to NS-3519.  I already made some photos of 5095 at Burnside, and made a few more today.

After I was done with that, I heard talk on my scanner, and then felt and heard engines coming.  I looked northward along the track and saw a yellow engine in front of a train slowly coming along to the office building.  I got my digital camera (had a film camera too) ready and got only one shot as it came almost broadside.  I thought it might be an SD80, and found out tonight that it is an SD90.  That is the first and only one I have seen for sure, and made a photo.  I got only one, and then just watched it roll out of sight.

After that, I went around to the west side of the tracks and waited to see what would come along.  Before long, I saw another yellow engine creeping north, coming to the overpass, but it was different.  It was the Reading Line Heritage unit. I thought it was already gone through.  Didn't expect that. I made about three zoom views as it was approaching.  It was creeping toward a fuel truck parked, and I thought it was going to stop, but before it got to the truck, the diesels were cranked up and then the train started moving out.  I had my camera set on burst and got a few frames as it came near.  After those were stored, I got one more just after it passed.  A nearby tree had branches sticking out, between the cab and the camera, and cluttered that photo, which would have been decent otherwise.  I got a few decent ones of it approaching.

Here is another view of NS-5095 that I made today.  This one was made with flash.

[again--preview does not work anymore]

leroy

Ya did good Bill... I like ole NS5095 best though...

Keep up the good work...
leroy
leroy

E.M. Bell

I cant wait to see what one of those 90's will look like in NS paint...probably like a 80mac...just a tad bigger:)  NS is having some major issues with those things, but you get what you pay for.   There was a reason UP had them stored (and they are just as power short as everyone else right now)..

The 1067 was leading 174-10 and must have sat in Burnside most of the night....it was by Nemo late yesterday afternoon.
E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk