Spencer Streamliner Photos

Started by Batman, June 08, 2014, 07:31:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt L

All of your shots are great, but I will give you a big thanks (as I've done in another poster's thread) for doing a nice job with the Erie unit.    8)
Got questions? I can help you with the Erie Lackawanna (including predecessors), Lehigh Valley, Delaware & Hudson and the shortlines of upstate NY.

abdjones

A bit of a late reply.....

For the Streamliners at Spencer event, I attended the night session on Friday, May 30, and the day session on Saturday, May 31.  Using a still and video camera, I captured the event and engines that I wanted to see.  After reviewing those and then seeing what has been posted on the Internet, I determined that what I took will remain in my personal collection as what I have seen already seen is better than what I have or what I have would be a duplicate.  The only exception is the following photograph, which shows: (1) one of the engines that I came to see, (2) how difficult it can be to get a photograph or video without other attendees in the picture, and (3) what some people have done to get above the crowd.

The first example of getting above the crowd is on the left side of the picture.  You see two gentlemen who raised their cameras on extension poles.  One is very easy to identify, the other is to the right of the first and just above the tree line.  For those that would like some detail, each camera has a WIFI attachment that permits control of the camera and a view through the viewfinder using an app on their cell phone.

The second example is the helicopter, which seemingly ran continuously.  For $50, a rider could get two laps around the spencer event.  Following is a link to a YouTube video by a gentlemen who took the ride and videoed the event.  This video was taken Saturday, May 31.

Jeff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rML4DyDuepE

Jeff

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk