630 , high-speed pooches and morning sickness

Started by Badhorse79, June 02, 2014, 08:46:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Badhorse79

]On Saturday May 31st ,  myself Tyler Hardin and another freind(s)  chased 630 from Lexington to Oneida ... My first visit since 1998

Heres 630 Hidden away at Lexington before its trip south

We scoot on down to Danville yard just ahead of 956

We stopped at an overpass but it was crowded so I didnt wanna whip out the Samsung galaxy S3 I was using to photogragh and draw attention away from the steam loco !!! We headed to good ol Kings Mountain to catch 630 climbing the hill !!! Along the way Tyler showed us his pilot wings and flew the lil blue toyota towards the crest of Kings Mountain

The scanner said that 956 was gonna have to wait at Waynesburg to clear some clutter in front of it
Back underway south she passes the relic signal bridge

Well next up was Antioch Curve ..... blown shot inserted here

We hit a few more places along the way not sure the names but I got pics

Arrived in Oneida went for a bridge shot but tyler didnt have his hatchet so we moved ground level to catch 630 heading to the Wye

After a T-Shirt and Sketchy ticket purchase we head to some fancy roast beef restaurant and I finally Meet Mr Bell and his Wife Carmen .... felt dumb when I said hey im Badhorse79 " huhuhuh"

Well after we eat and figure out who's riding back to Lexington on the train .... it got real messy so ill skip the details about how the SHOT I would of loved to have got (Cumberland river bridge) was missed , a passenger drop off at Burnside ,  along with  bumper beatings and wet dog + morning sickness stank..... heres  the return leg  pics  !! Many thanks go to Tyler for his hospitality and josh for inviting me to tag along  !!!

Matt L

Correction: your shot at Antioch Curve wasn't blown at all. I think it's pretty cool.
Got questions? I can help you with the Erie Lackawanna (including predecessors), Lehigh Valley, Delaware & Hudson and the shortlines of upstate NY.

TylerHardin33

Great shootin tex! It was fun having you all along with me! Aside from the pooches and morning sickness haha.

Badhorse79

Matt I appreciate it maybe if the rack hadn't blocked the pilot It'd be a great shot !!!
Why thank ya Tyler ....even still I had a blast !!! Hope to do it again sometime

NSMoWandS

All in all... looks like you had a great chase! Nice job! DE Dan

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk