SOU 630 Knoxville-Asheville Photos

Started by Alexa Raith, December 20, 2013, 09:12:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alexa Raith

Hi all,

Evan and I were finally able to sit down today after a month and edit the pictures I took on the 630 trip from Knoxville to Asheville and back. It was actually one of those perfect chases (aside from the overcast weather) where we got to every single location we planned with plenty of time to set up our shots and then get to the next place no problem. This was my first time ever seeing a steam engine in person and I am now hopelessly addicted and can't wait for what next year will bring! Here are some of my personal favorites from the trip. The rest can be found here: http://tinyurl.com/mjvjjx6

630 departing Knoxville:

Approaching New Line, TN:

Crossing the truss bridge at Big Creek in Del Rio, TN:

Pacing near Del Rio:

Rolling through a valley west of Hot Springs, NC:

Thanks for looking!  Comments and suggestions are welcome.  :)

~Alexa Raith
Maryville, TN
Alexa
(Evan's Fiance!)

E.M. Bell

Looks like you did well despite the weather!

Steam and bad weather go together well, much more so than diesels but a little sun is nice to. And be warned, steam is addictive!
E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

PGupton

Nice shootin'!

That last shot at Hot Springs is killer!

Ptrainman

Excellent work Alexa. For just starting out, you are doing great. Plus we were in the worst conditions a photographer could ask for. I really like that Hot Springs shot. That's what I get for not stopping.

Paul
NS Virginia Division Expert & Railfan
KK4KQX

Alexa Raith

Thank you all! I did kinda like the affect the weather had on the pictures though some of them came out darker than I would have liked. Just need to play with the camera a little more. The Hot Springs shot is my favorite. Thank you for all the nice comments though! I appreciate it! :)
Alexa
(Evan's Fiance!)

butch

You got some awesome photos, thanks for sharing.
Butch Adkins

Railroad Tunnel hunting in Kentucky

Matt L

Got questions? I can help you with the Erie Lackawanna (including predecessors), Lehigh Valley, Delaware & Hudson and the shortlines of upstate NY.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk