Blackberry season

Started by butch, June 10, 2012, 01:54:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

butch

Just to get out of the house, I headed down to Burnside yesterday.  I took the usual pictures at Keno, caught a meet at Dead Ox Hollow, hit KD Tower, and of course the yard.  So below is a decent shot of a SB below Keno, the second shot is a piece of a wide view-but notice the new sign "installed" under the Keno bridge.  And the last shot is from the highlight of the day; the trackside blackberries are starting to come in and I had an excellent snack.  By next week, it will be a trackside buffet.
Butch Adkins

Railroad Tunnel hunting in Kentucky

Matt L

I never knew railfanning could lead to healthy eating!
Got questions? I can help you with the Erie Lackawanna (including predecessors), Lehigh Valley, Delaware & Hudson and the shortlines of upstate NY.

butch

"Healthy eating"!!!  Way to ruin it for me!   :)
Butch Adkins

JCagle

I turned healthy into fun. One of my other hobbies is beer and wine making. I've got 5 gallons of blackberry wine going already! You could at least make a cobler out of them and that would take the healthy out of it a little!

Sent using the JREB tapatalk mobile app.
Alpha Phi Psi - Tarheel Chapter

E.M. Bell

Dont let Butch fool ya with this healthy talk.. I bet he stopped at the world famous Goodie Shack (great view of the new Dollar store that blocks the former good view of the Cumberland River bridge from their parking lot)....and chowed down on grilled hot dogs on the way North..   ;D
E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

butch

I didn't hit the Goodie Shack, but I should have.  And I'm in for the blackberry cobler!
Butch Adkins

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk