Main Menu

Some of my stuff

Started by Ladderpipe, December 10, 2012, 10:34:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ladderpipe

All,
Im finally able to post pictures so here you go. Enjoy.

Jason

Ladderpipe

Heavily re-worked Kato -9's

Ladderpipe

Kentucky & Indiana Terminal RR

"The engineer in the old high cab his gold watch in his hand, looking at the waterglass and letting down the sand, rolling out on the old main line taking up the slack, gone today so they say but tomorrow he'll be back...."

Ladderpipe

I sure do but I don't have any good pics of them. I will take some soon

Ladderpipe

Never been a real GE fan but the "catfish" are the new 40-2s so here is one "in progress"

That last comment may qualify as blasphemy  :D
"The engineer in the old high cab his gold watch in his hand, looking at the waterglass and letting down the sand, rolling out on the old main line taking up the slack, gone today so they say but tomorrow he'll be back...."

Ladderpipe

This is another custom paint job. You may recognize the road number because its the same that Athearn applied to it.  I was just about finished when a paint glob broke free from the airbrush in the final stages of weathering (thats what i get for not properly cleaning it out after its previous use).It ruined it, so too the stripper it went and started all over. Since I had already printed many photos of it from various websites, I chose to stick with the original number since all the possible reference material was right in front of me.

Ladderpipe

Which part? Not liking GEs or comparing a -9 to a 40-2? Haha

Lol yeah that comparison, not liking GE's makes perfect sense!

NSMoWandS

Gald to see you got things going. Nice roster! Liking thise GP60's... I think I saw 3 of 'em!!! Love those engines. Dan

Badhorse79

Wow....I just drooled all over the place! Good looking roster! !!!

thpbears

Ladderpipe

Dan,
  You are correct. The three started as undec. BB Athearns that I bought as a "keep my sanity project" while I stayed at home with my wife for a few weeks after the delivery of our kid.....and it worked pretty well. Lol

Thanks for the other compliments guys.

And here is some of my dads "F/E unit stash" with a lot of other first gen power.

thpbears

Looks like your Dad has a nice collection also.

Ladderpipe

Thpbears, my dad is a steam / first gen guy without a doubt. The interesting part is making a convincing NW/Sou/NS layout covering from the 40s to the present.....but that's what makes it fun!

Badhorse79

Um ladder??? When is ok for me to come check out your cache? ? Your roster is what my imaginary one looks like! !! Keep the pics comin

Ladderpipe

Badhorse,
If you ever find yourself in or near Warrenton, Va., Ill be glad to give you the tour.

Hear is two stock (but modified/weathered) Atlas GP40s and a custom NW SD40-2.

Ladderpipe

And last ones for tonight. A flared 70 and a photo of a corner of the layout with a hodge podge of power

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk