Suprise Autorack car at CP Harris

Started by Badhorse79, March 30, 2012, 01:55:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Badhorse79

Well on my way to work I've noticed a few auto racks waiting pick up for the mixing center on the DM&L and noticed a certain rack was tagged and all I can say WOW ...

PS thanks MoW that was very awesome of ya and thank you for the car ...

Badhorse79

Looks like while on the CSX somewhere it was hit lol

NSMoWandS

No problem Badhorse. I had two racks for years and never used them... And I thought it should go to a new home. Also, thought the horse biting the "CSX" would get a couple laughs. Glad to see you're enjoying it!

Badhorse79

Im digging it ... I just checked the mail right before I left for work today and was like what the heck who's is this?  Seen it was from you ... and thought "huh" ohh maybe the steps for the station the wife said steps in a big bag really ... so wahlah ... simple awesome Mow I really appreciate it ... man I owe ya one! 

NSMoWandS

Damnit! I knew I forgot something... haha!

thpbears

That is nice. I just noticed it biting the CSX once you said something that is even better.

Badhorse79

Oh I have steps MoW there from an old ice platforn my dad had for his 100 wooden reffer s ... he as the old wooden ones where ya cut the sides out of card stock with the whole name,data,everything basically  and glued it to the sides ... the he as a bunch he build by hand just using balsa wood n needle thread for the turnbuckles ... I think I have some maybe ill post some pics later.

Matt L

Nicely done on the auto rack. It looks very prototypical- I could actually see similar graffiti on some of the auto racks NS drops off at Bison Yard.   
Got questions? I can help you with the Erie Lackawanna (including predecessors), Lehigh Valley, Delaware & Hudson and the shortlines of upstate NY.

Backyard

8) I like it...it's something to do with all that wasted space!
Backyard/Allen

NSMoWandS

Thanks Matt and Backyard. I usually either copy what I have seen on the side of cars... or I try to represent what could find its way onto the side of a car. This one, of course, is custom for Badhorse79. Although if I see it on a real railcar... Yes, I am looking at you Badhorse!!!! HAHA!!!!

Badhorse79

I  ain't that artistic ... I tried the hands on graffiti ....(ho scale graffiti )and I gave that up ...plus I have a guilty conscious ...

Backyard

8) No need for "graffiti-guilt," we are at the point where companies are beginning to contract taggers and offer space for advertisements of subjects.
Backyard/Allen

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk