Trains not moving

Started by thpbears, December 21, 2012, 06:23:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thpbears

Went over through the little bit of snow through Appalachia and Norton and saw plenty of NS trains full and empty just sitting with crews. None moving for hours we were there. Did see one CSX coming through Duffield going over to their own trackage on the NS line. Any thing going on or that just my luck ?

fireball451

We caught two westbound autoracks trains tonight in JC just after missing an eastbound. Heard the eastbounder, but didn't get to see it. Noticed signals facing east stayed red long after it was gone and heard dispatcher giving track warrants for the two westbounders, so we decided to stick around JC a little longer.

Ponce de Leon

Quote from: thpbears on December 21, 2012, 06:23:07 PM
Went over through the little bit of snow through Appalachia and Norton and saw plenty of NS trains full and empty just sitting with crews. None moving for hours we were there. Did see one CSX coming through Duffield going over to their own trackage on the NS line. Any thing going on or that just my luck ?

I had the same experience today. Several trains seemingly ready to roll---but no crews. I have heard a couple this evening, however.
Ron Flanary

NS512869

Quote from: fireball451 on December 21, 2012, 10:46:19 PM
We caught two westbound autoracks trains tonight in JC just after missing an eastbound. Heard the eastbounder, but didn't get to see it. Noticed signals facing east stayed red long after it was gone and heard dispatcher giving track warrants for the two westbounders, so we decided to stick around JC a little longer.

The eastbounder was 202. The 2 westbounds were 22a followed by I9W which is a 2nd 29w. Those 2 met 16t at Rader.  22a was called out of Sevier at 7pm while I9W called at 7:30.

NS512869

My apology.  I aint got sense god gave a cat.  My earlier post happened today.  What I quoted was yesterday.

fireball451

Quote from: NS512869 on December 22, 2012, 08:13:36 PM
My apology.  I aint got sense god gave a cat.  My earlier post happened today.  What I quoted was yesterday.

Well, just so happens my daughter and I caught those two westbounders also, so the 22a and I9w would be what we saw. It sounded like they were saying 99w though I know that wasn't right.
29w is one of the autoracks we saw the night before. Didn't catch the ID of the other autorack.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk