Virginian Heritage on the 2nd District

Started by CarmonH, December 14, 2012, 07:08:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CarmonH

Saturday December 1st, my hubby called me as he was leaving work with the instructions to get the cameras ready, get your boots on and be ready to ride when I get there. 30 minutes later, we where headed to Danville in hot pursuit of NS 117, which had the Virginian heritage unit, NS 1069, leading.

We spent the rest of the afternoon following 117 South until the light was gone. This was the first time the 1069 had been a leader on the CNO&TP, and we crossed another one off the list..

Here are a few shots from that afternoon. These can all be found in larger size and better resolution at this link. http://www.pbase.com/kd4jsl/gallery/ns2012carm

Passing the South end of the yard at Danville, Kentucky

117 passing through Bowen, Ky with a well placed tractor to add to the shot.

Charging across the Green River Bridge at Southfork, filling the valley with the sound of 3 hard working EMD's

117 eases across the Cumberland River bridge at Burnside, moments away from a crew change before the overnight trip to Chattanooga.

With a South end crew on board, 117 passes a grain train at CP general (Tateville) as the sun quickly falls behind the ridge.

Ponce de Leon

Nice shots, Carm! I particularly love the last one at Tateville. Very nicely composed stuff.
Ron Flanary

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk