Main Menu

NS D9-40C 8862

Started by KCS,NS,Railfan, September 24, 2009, 09:07:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KCS,NS,Railfan

I plan to do  NS D9-40C 8862 in HO Scale.
[img][http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/pictures%5C32758%5CSaturday%203-14-2009%20020.jpg/img]

I've already suppose to be trading for a UP C44-9W,and i've been looking around for a B40-8 or C40-8 shell. I've already got some details like ditchlights,the a/c unit,the K5LA,and the plow. I need to get the decals also for it,and a number of other NS projects.

This are some other Projects that i'm doing
NS SD70M Phase II needs Horsehead Decals
NS ES40DC 7500 needs Horsehead decals for the sides.
NS D9-40CW 9252 needs OLS decals

There shall be more projects in the future.

-Damian

nsSD70M-2

Ahh you're on diesel detailer I belive. I've done my GEVO and the SD70M is almost done...frame stripes then sound, dcc, and lights will all be rigged up. Can't wait to see this catfish!

High Speed Kurt

Wow what a coincidence!

I was able to buy several items from an estate recently, one of which was an Athearn C44-9W in NS. I have both numbers already. In the spirit of looking for something different, I took the standard cab off of an old Proto Power West B40-8 and put it on the shell after about an hour of careful cutting and filing.  It looks pretty good, I will have to post pics soon.

Quick question, what type of AC unit sits on these beasts? Is it this one? (prime) From what I can tell this looks like the one.

http://www.walthers.com/exec/productinfo/229-2308

nsSD70M-2

Ha 3rd time meeting you...the DD, youtube, and now here. WOW!

But yeah that's the AC unit I use for my tophats. Only overland made the correct one and I was lucky enough to get one but that's as close as you're going to get.

KCS,NS,Railfan

Sorry about the late reply my computer was acting up lately,and nice seeing you again nssd70m-2.

nsSD70M-2

How's the tophat coming along? I've started another one as well...this one is going to be 8853. Horsehead :D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk