Does Anyone Model NS with Train Simulators?

Started by thartman1956, May 07, 2006, 01:39:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thartman1956

Hello, new member here. I'm happy to be a part of your wonderful forum. My question is: does anybody use train simulator games to model NS, either Microsoft Train Simulator (MSTS), or Auran Trainz? I'm using Auran Railroad Simulator 2006 to model the NS Springfield-Hannibal District.  I'd like to hear from any others who model using one or both of these train simulator games.

Michael Knight

I don't, but have heard Train Dispacther 3.5 is a cool dispacthing simulator with many territories avaiable.

Welcome to the site!

thartman1956

Thank you. I'll try to post a screenshot or two shortly. :D

thartman1956

backyard

8)
Thanks for your post Thomas, I'm glad you asked!
I have a digital terrain map of the CNO&TP from South Oakdale, to Glen Alice,TN.
The route also has a portion of the Clinton to Harriman route, and West Cookeville to Harriman Junction, on the old Tennessee Central.
Included is the 5.4 mile lead from the NS at Harriman Junction, to the TVA Kingston Fossil Fuel Generator.
Right now I'm working the 18 mile NS line, from Tunnel 26, south to Glen Alice.
I have completed the mainline, and double track, and placed signals at each end, and the crossovers.
Next, always starting at the north end, southbound, will be the junctions, and sidings, yards etc.
I am running trains, to test the grades and curves.
The digital elevation maps, have all the grades, hills and valleys, plus colored lines for railroads, waterways and roads.
I use the Central Division 2002 track charts, for integrity to the prototype, plus Nasa World Wind topo and terrain maps for where I can't go.
Also a Delorme Tennessee topo map, and wonderful pics from Caleb, Emmit, and others.
Yes, this is a very difficult challenge, however I'm into it, and if I don't, who will?
I'll have to learn how to make DEM maps from satellite images, for the Second and Third Districts, and the Harriman to Boyce Yard sections...
But for now, it's on!
Thanks to the Norfolk Southern Discussion Forums Community, for you great attention to details.  Glad to find You!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk