Main Menu

sw1 lettering

Started by Kentucky & Indiana Terminal RR, April 14, 2009, 06:11:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kentucky & Indiana Terminal RR

I am wanting to make a model of the chattanooga traction company sw1 #4 which of course went on to be my favorite the 1002.  but with that great big god awful long name will it fit you think?  or can u use different ones to make it fit i guess n scale would be too small but any ideas.  here is my model of the 1002 and a pic of the real thing restored to ctc lettering. thanks for the help.
"The engineer in the old high cab his gold watch in his hand, looking at the waterglass and letting down the sand, rolling out on the old main line taking up the slack, gone today so they say but tomorrow he'll be back...."

thpbears

I was reading in a few months back in Model Railroader you can make decals and signs in any scale with photo shop. I don't know if it is user friendly but according to the article you can make any size decals you want. I can't find anybody that has used this phot shop. Anyways hope that helps. Looks like a nice looking engine if ya get it running.

thanks i have a friend thats really big into that I might have to put him to work!!  never thought bout that til you said that thanks!
"The engineer in the old high cab his gold watch in his hand, looking at the waterglass and letting down the sand, rolling out on the old main line taking up the slack, gone today so they say but tomorrow he'll be back...."

Backyard

8) Here is a sample I did using mspaint, a freeware add-on for Windows...click Start/All Programs/Accessories/mspaint....

The Font type is Arial/Bold.

Get some printable decal paper through your Local Hobby Shop & if you can't print it out with your printer go to Staples, Kinkos, Office Depot, etc.

You will have to determine the size of font you need to produce an accurate model.

I sampled the colors off the original picture, however you can sample off any picture in mspaint by opening that pic in mspaint.

I do styling for Auran Trainz 3D models like this...
Backyard/Allen

thanks that looks just like what i need, i thought by lookin at the real one that doin in freehand one letter at a time would be impossible!!!  guess i should have been a K&IT fan huh!!  i think that will work perfect! thanks

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk