Main Menu

NS SD40-2 3286

Started by nssd702502, February 03, 2009, 03:21:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nssd702502

Hello All

Well about five years ago I built a high hood Norfolk Southern SD40-2 No. 3256.  Its been a few years since I even completed a model. Now I have decided to grab this horse by the reigns and get going on a new one.

Can't wait to weather this one.

The level of detail just five years ago is mediocre compared to what can be done now. The addition of many detail parts and the advancement of forums for modeling purposes give you the opportunity to do so much more in my opinion.

Alright here is a shot of the beast I plan to model.

I first started working on the trucks. Adding Details West sander brackets, traction motors and Detail Associates speed recorder.

Things that still need done on the sideframes.
1. Drill an additional hole near the curved section of the trucks to match the prototype.

2. Putty and blend transition between sideframes and traction motor T bracket.

3. Build a EOT bracket for rear conductors side sideframe.
Here is a shot of the bracket.

Before and After

The next thing I worked on was the dynamic brake blister. Using parts from Cannon & Company, Plano, and a set of brake blisters from Athearn SD45-2.

Before and After

That's it for now. The next step will be milling parts of the frame to accommodate extra detailing. This will not be a rush process so this may take a few months to complete.

Be honest in your reviews and bash or help if you notice anything wrong.

Thank You
Andrew Brewer
Indianapolis, IN 

CAGY 2777

Hey Andy. How are you coming with this now?

Chris M
Proud hater of RailPrics.net & their over inflated ego.

nssd702502

Chris

I've only gotten a little further. 

I own a construction business and have been very busy getting things going again after the bottom drop out late in December.  Can't stand my employees being on unemployment.  I've called back some now to get the rest back to work.   Them and my family come before me and my relaxation.

Stay tuned I should get a little done here in a few weeks.

Andrew

ThoroughBreed

Always nice to see a CG high hood getting modeled. Looks like you have a great start to a very well detailed model. Keep us updated when you can.
TB8)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk