Main Menu

HO f units

Started by Gage O'Dell, October 21, 2008, 06:58:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gage O'Dell

Just wanted to know if anyone has bought the HO F units like these http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products/Zoom.aspx?ProdID=ATH80189  on the hyperlink.
if anyone has how do they run. Because I'm going to buy them but I wanted to see how they ran first 8)

nsSD70M-2

I don't have that perticular unit but I do have a couple of Santa Fe F7's and they run excellent. But only the A unit is powered in that set. I'd go with them.

RJ

Well I have them... I think that they are still alittle loud...........So I bought a Genissis f 3/7  running gear and with some slight Mods. RUNS GREAT!!!

Also added The ditch Lights  ( very Diff)

Right horns, Grab Rails, and a few other things.........

Alil time and a lil more money they look great

ThoroughBreed

I have that exact set also (units 4271 and 4275). I got mine at the LHS and didn't quite examine them before purchasing. They are just a basic blue box set with the new hex drive. The A unit has the "super" weight in it, so DCC'ing it would be difficult, even hardwiring. I also don't like the distance between the units when coupled is. So I basically put them on the shelf for now till I have the time to detail them up and fix the issues that bother me.
The paint is real good though, and I do like how you don't have to install all the details on the trucks anymore also.
TB8)

blue flag

Compared to my other athearn RTR units, My 4270 unit runs very well and has very good wieght for pulling.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk