help with my NS evo locomotives

Started by NorfolkSouthern91, August 07, 2008, 12:59:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NorfolkSouthern91

I'm going to use a Athearn bluebox locomotive to build a Evo locomotives, what would work better a Ac4400 or a 9-44cw? any help is welcom ;)

ns_7011

you would have to build a larger battery box for the -9 so i'd go with an AC4400.
EMD all the way.

ThoroughBreed

Go with an ac4400 and look at this page: http://qstation.org/BNSF_GEVO_Model/index.html
They turn out real close to the proto's.
TB8)

scooter3798

I remember checking out that article on the BNSF one when it was first posted a few years ago, and it was well done. Also I would highly recommend a Details West detail kit for it as well. This really helps to dress up the Athearn unit, and they aren't that much. Also they just came out with a new window gasket set that rounds the corners of the Athearn GE widecab windshield which GREATLY IMPROVES the appearance of it. I don't know if the gasket part is out yet by itself, but it is alos offered with a BNSF cab side window conversion. It is part number BN-358.

Scooter

ThoroughBreed

Hmm with the new rumor of NS buying 20 ES44ACH's, you can buy a T55 SP fantasy unit and just repaint the nose and tail and put new decals on it and be done, lol.
But I did the same thing your doing and made a couple of them also.
TB8)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk