Main Menu

Evo's

Started by blue flag, February 20, 2008, 12:33:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blue flag

Has anyone scratch built any NS ~ ES40DC's

ssw9662

I haven't seen any, but there could be some out there. There is an ES40DC being made by T55, I would imagine that many modelers are waiting for its release instead of making their own versions.

Hoydie17

Quote from: ssw9662 on February 20, 2008, 12:47:21 AM
I haven't seen any, but there could be some out there. There is an ES40DC being made by T55, I would imagine that many modelers are waiting for its release instead of making their own versions.

They'll be waiting for a while, T55 has suspended production of the GEVO's to fully pursue the SD70ACe range, probably to get the heritage UP engines on the shelf.  But they've had considerable delays on those as well, which makes me believe that you're farther ahead to kitbash one of their existing GEVOs into the desired roadname.

Frankly, I'll be surprised if T55 ever produces something in an Eastern roadname.
Α Φ Ψ  -  Old Dominion Chapter

"I'm not only the club president, I'm also a client."

CTT1(SW) Steven P. Daugherty, United States Navy - 1978 to 2007 - KIA, Baghdad, Iraq - You will not be forgotten.

Norm

Quote from: Hoydie17 on February 20, 2008, 08:30:37 AM
Frankly, I'll be surprised if T55 ever produces something in an Eastern roadname.

Sounds like Kato in the N scale world.
Norm

stillbre

Its going to be a while before T55 puts anything new out.  They can't keep from getting sued.  Last I heard they do not have plans for either a ES40DC or a SD70M-2 so us NS guys are gonna be out of luck.  Personally I'd prefer to see Athearn do them both but then again I'm trying to limit my era before the GEVOs arrived.
Josh Blevins
Charlotte NC

ThoroughBreed

I got tired of waiting and I took a couple of  BNSF es44dc's and painted them to unit # 7670 and 7519. These were the explorer series units with dcc and sound. They came out pretty good, I think.
I heard that Athearn is gonna release the sd70m tier1 locos, but I doubt it as only NS and UP had these. I kitbashed a Genesis unit to my liking of the proto unit #2646.
TB8)

Hoydie17

I got my first CSX GEVO courtesy of Scooter who's also a member here at JREB.

I provided him a KATO Cab with the low numberboards/headlights and a T55 GEVO in BNSF paint and he did the job from there.

Also have another friend who's working on an NS unit for me, photos below.  The NS unit isn't quite finished, still has some minor things to finish up.

Α Φ Ψ  -  Old Dominion Chapter

"I'm not only the club president, I'm also a client."

CTT1(SW) Steven P. Daugherty, United States Navy - 1978 to 2007 - KIA, Baghdad, Iraq - You will not be forgotten.

RJ

DA$% They look good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ns_7011

There's actually a microscale decal set that has ES40DC in NS style font on it, i think it's the ex conrail patch set.
EMD all the way.

nsSD70M-2

I just finished building mine...its in primer paint right now :D

Justin Stephenson

nice lookin loco nssd70m-2....just wondering but i belive you have youtube name under same user name ? and you put the vid on few days ago :D lol
Justin Stephenson /// Bad Day Of Railfanning Is Better Then A good Day At Work.

nsSD70M-2

yes i did put up a video but I'm graysonator123 on youtube :)

Justin Stephenson

nice im stephenson18
Justin Stephenson /// Bad Day Of Railfanning Is Better Then A good Day At Work.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk