Atearn ~ Genesis SD70M

Started by blue flag, January 19, 2008, 09:10:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blue flag

I have yet to see on of the Genesis 70M's up close,  I've read that they dont have the flared rads?? and is the cab like the new style like M-2's ~ or is the cab rounded like the old 60's & 80's?
thanks

NSDash9

The Athearn HO SD70M models have the phase I (non-flared) carbody and the phase I cab which are correct for NS 2581-2590.   They have not yet offered the phase II (flared) carbody or the phase II cab versions.

Chris
Chris R. Toth

Hoydie17

Here's a few photos of my UP kitbashed SD70M.

You can get the Phase II Cabs from Canon & Company, as well as the flared radiator pieces. 

DLH Locomotive Works has exclusive rights to sell these parts. 

Dave Hickenbotham -  

Sean

Α Φ Ψ  -  Old Dominion Chapter

"I'm not only the club president, I'm also a client."

CTT1(SW) Steven P. Daugherty, United States Navy - 1978 to 2007 - KIA, Baghdad, Iraq - You will not be forgotten.

NSDash9

Sean:

The flared radiator compartment parts and the phase II cab kits are resin castings.  They are not made by Cannon & Company.  These parts have been marketed by several companies since the masters were created, DLH Locomotive Works being the latest one.

Here are a couple photos of a UP SD70M that I built using the Athearn SD70M and the resin radiator compartment parts:

Chris
Chris R. Toth

Hoydie17

I stand corrected.  Long week. . . . .  ;D
Α Φ Ψ  -  Old Dominion Chapter

"I'm not only the club president, I'm also a client."

CTT1(SW) Steven P. Daugherty, United States Navy - 1978 to 2007 - KIA, Baghdad, Iraq - You will not be forgotten.

blue flag

You guys models look great!!  Thats what I would like my 70M to look like.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chris,
so do these Athearn Genesis 70Ms right out of the box,  actually replicate about 9 actual NS units?

NSDash9

Yes, the Athearn models are a good match for the first 10 SD70M's. 

Chris
Chris R. Toth

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk