Main Menu

Dirty Pickle

Started by scooter3798, November 03, 2007, 10:36:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scooter3798

A couple of shots of a GP38-2 that I did up for my railroad, the Pittsburgh, Chicago and Lake Erie. Unit is a Proto 88" nose GP38-2. I through a couple of extra parts on it, and hooked up the ditch lights. This probably the dirtiest unit on my roster. I faded it down and then added a liberal amount of rust, basing the weathering on a couple of CSX geeps that I had shots of.

Scooter

ssw9662

Looks great, that's without a doubt the most realistic weathering job I've seen applied  to a freelance model. The yellow numberboards are a nice touch too.

scooter3798

Thanks for the compliments Austin. As for the yellow numberboards, I'm a bit of a Clinchfield fan so that's where the idea came from. The paint scheme itself is a modification of the Erie Lackawanna scheme, changed the colors and dropped out what would be the maroon part of the body stripe. The numbers, not the numbering scheme, but the actual number decals are from a Conrail set as well.

Scooter

ns_7011

Man something about that paint scheme really grabs my attention, it's very sharp.
EMD all the way.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk