Here's some photos of some of my engines

Started by Hoydie17, November 03, 2007, 03:13:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoydie17

Here's a few of the engines from my collection of motive power.   I don't have a layout, at least not yet, but I do install DCC (Digital Command & Control) decoders in all of my engines.  Select engines also get ESU Loksound installed in them as well.

That being said, most of these engines are done by friends of mine, as I just don't have the desire at this point in my life to spend countless hours kitbashing models.  I do some of my own stuff, such as the Catfish in the other thread, but the heavy duty kitbashing like on flared radiator 70MACs/70M's is done by friends. 

I guess it goes without saying when I finally build a layout, it'll likely be based on a piece of the CSX system.

Α Φ Ψ  -  Old Dominion Chapter

"I'm not only the club president, I'm also a client."

CTT1(SW) Steven P. Daugherty, United States Navy - 1978 to 2007 - KIA, Baghdad, Iraq - You will not be forgotten.

Hoydie17

CTT1(SW) Steven P. Daugherty, United States Navy - 1978 to 2007 - KIA, Baghdad, Iraq - You will not be forgotten.

Hoydie17

Hoydie17

Hoydie17

Hoydie17

Hoydie17

scooter3798

Sean, I love seeing shots of others' models, and man what a fleet you have here. Hands down my favorite widecab locos are those flared radiator SD70MAC's, even though some of the CSX one look pretty ratty anymore. I have been itching to do a couple for myself but they keep getting put off, the same goes for those beat to death warbonnets. While there are people out there that absolutley dispise those creatures, I feel that they are pretty interesting pieces of equipment, again one of those is in the works down the line. I also enjoyed seeing the GE widecabs that you have. Again for as common as the CW44's are on CSX, they are very poorly represented in the model world, I think modelers tend to go for the unique, out of ordinary stuff too often, not that I can say that I don't. After all I can't say that I don't go for flashy stuff when I have a bunch of orange and white Sclair covered hoppers in my fleet, not to mention the new Athearn Pan Am boxcars! Any way it was nice to see some of the less noticed units, like the GP40-2 and some of the CW44's, but then again I can't blame you at all for the 699, the 1, the Thomas Rice Special, and of course the godfather of all CSX units the 4617. Thanks for sharing Sean, and lets see some more.

Scooter

ns_7011

Excellent job on the 4617, I can send you some detail shots of it if you'd like.
EMD all the way.

Hoydie17

Quote from: scooter3798 on November 03, 2007, 03:56:36 PM
Sean, I love seeing shots of others' models, and man what a fleet you have here. Scooter

Motive count by type: 

AC4400 - 6 YN3, 3 YN2, 1 BNSF H2, 1 CP Rail, 1 KCS

AC6000 - 1 DIM, 1 YN2

SD80MAC - 2 YN3, 2 CR-Q, 1 YN2

SD70MAC (flared) - 3 YN3, 1 UP SD70M

SD70MAC (standard) - 1 YN3, 1 YN2, 1 CR-Q (CSXpatch), 1 BNSF H2, 1 BNSF GG, 1 TFM

SD60M - 1 YN2, 1 NS  (2 SD60I's on order to be painted in YN3)

SD50 - 2 YN2, 1 CR-Q (CSX Patch)

SD45 - 3 WC

SD40-2 - 3 YN2, 1 CR-Q, 1 BNSF H1

GP40-2 - 2YN3, 2 YN2, (One GP30 Road Slug)

GP60 - 2 NS, 1 UP, 1 SP (UP patch), 1 BNSF GP60M

GP38-2 - 1 NS, 1 YN2

C40-9W - 1 NS HH

C44-9W - 1 BNSF (Warbonnet), 1 UP, 2 BNSF H2

ES44DC - 3 YN3, 1 NS - on order

SD70ACe - 1 UP, 2 YN3, 1 BNSF - on order

SD70M-2 - 1 NS, 1 CN  - on order

I might be missing a couple, this is just off the top of my head. 

Thanks for the comments guys!   

Sean

PS:  7011, feel free to send those detail photos to

ssw9662

That's quite a fleet of engines you have, nice stuff!  :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk