Main Menu

NS Ho Locomotives

Started by Michael Knight, October 24, 2007, 07:52:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael Knight

I think it would be great to have a list of all of the NS N & Ho scale locomotives available. The options seem to have changed considerably since the late '99 when I was involved in model railroading. Feel free to also list recently produced models- even those that are currently out-of-production.

Feel free to list the available road numbers for each class as well.

ns_7011

Well in the past few years we've had quite a bit of NS stuff, i'm not sure of all the numbers but heres a simple imperfect listing.

Athearn
SD70 narrow "spartan" cabs
SD70M w/o flares
C40-9W (C44-9W, incorrect headlight)
GP40-2 ex CR
GP38-2 ex CR
SD50
SD60
SD38 ex CR
SD40-2 high nose in southern, coming soon NS

P2K
GP60
SD60
SD50
GP38-2 ex CR
SD60M

Atlas
C40-8
CW40-8
GP38-2 ex CR
GP38 high hood
GP40 high hood
B40-8

Kato
SD80MAC
SD38-2
SD40-2

Broadway Ltd. (crappy)
SD40-2
EMD all the way.

mkerner

Don't forget Athearn GP40X and now that they have a Southern hi-hood SD40-2, won't be long bafore they do a NS one ;D. CONRAIL MIKE

Hoydie17

Athearn released the Catfish in Primer, OLS and what I call the original "rearing jackass" scheme.   (Although the primer one is horrible, the thing looks more white than it does gray.)  They haven't done any "whiteface" catfish yet that I'm aware of.

They also did the GP59 (GP60) in the 4610 livery, and

Walthers did the GP15-1, and I have seen a few in NS paint over the last couple years, but very infrequently. 

Tower 55/Overland have promised, however failed to deliver the NS SD70M-2 as of yet.   
Α Φ Ψ  -  Old Dominion Chapter

"I'm not only the club president, I'm also a client."

CTT1(SW) Steven P. Daugherty, United States Navy - 1978 to 2007 - KIA, Baghdad, Iraq - You will not be forgotten.

ssw9662

I decided to put together a quick list of N and HO locomotives available:

http://jreb.org/ns/index.php?topic=4304.0

It's still a work in progress, info on any additional models that I may have left out would be appreciated.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk