Any ex- SOU high hood modelers...

Started by ns_7011, October 03, 2007, 10:55:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ns_7011

Where do you get your all bells forward P5's? I have 3 ex-SOU units (2GP38-2's and a GP50) that need them. I found some plastic kits on ebay but they don't have the modern bracket, it's the old cast bracket. Not to mention they're kind of hard to put together as of now, I just had surgery on my right hand last Tuesday  (2 metal plates and 12 screws put in). And where does Athearn get their P5's for their NS SD60's from? I need more of those. Any help will be appreciated.
EMD all the way.

NSDash9

At this point, there is no correct one-piece horn for the Nathan P-5's with all bells facing one direction.  However, Details West has mentioned they are thinking of doing them in the future.  In the meantime, Overland #9003 brass horns are a good substitute.  Attached is an example as applied to an Atlas U23B:

The Athearn horns are custom done for them and are not available separately.

Chris Toth

NSDash9.com
http://www.nsdash9.com
Chris R. Toth

ns_7011

EMD all the way.

darkhorse2

while not on this topic, i hope you dont mind if i add that if you can find any lbf high hood kits,they are a perfect matchup with kato sd40-2's i have done close to a dozen so far and they look good everytime

darkhorse2

ns_7011

Dang those look good, I've always stuck with Canon high hood kits.
EMD all the way.

darkhorse2

my attempts with cannon kits worked well with any gp 50,s i have, but came up a little short on sd units lengthwise so i would have to add a strip between the cab and the hood. the lbf kit is one pc,but the battery box is a joke ,so i saw it off and drop the rest of the hood into the kato frame and use their walkway and batt box. the lbf sells for under 10.00.   oh and thank you for the compliment.

ns_7011

not a problem, does LBF still sell these? i've also noticed that canon's high hood kits require mods for SD units.
EMD all the way.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk