Precision Craft Models HH SD-40

Started by tarnett, May 19, 2007, 07:27:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tarnett

Greetings,

I have noticed that PCM will be releasing said model in the Sou., N&W, and NS schemes towards the latter part of the year. I am wondering if anyone has any knowledge regarding the correctness of these SD-40s(triple clasp trucks, proper short hood length, etc). After BLI's poor model of the SD-40-2, I'm not expecting much with the SD-40s. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Todd Arnett

Backyard

8) Hello Todd,

I can't find a picture on the website(yet), if you have a link, post it, and we'll work it over.

Athearn, has a version, due out this year, in several announced road schemes.

There is a thread in this Modelers Forum...
Backyard/Allen

stillbre

Todd,
I think we discussed this the other night but the rumor mills have been swirling about Kato doing an N&W/NS low-nose with the triple-clasp trucks using the SD38-2 chassis.
Just going from BLI and Prescision Craft's track record, I wouldn't expect anything from their SD40.  I'm not putting any into my budget.  Only thing they've done halfway decently was the AC6000 and it still needs a good bit of work (cab is wrong, improper grab placement, etc, etc).  For the kind of money you pay for these things they better be dead nuts on.  The sound does nothing for me either but that's just personal oppinion.  The SD40-2 was the worst 40-2 ever done....even Botchman's was better and that's sad.
Josh Blevins
Charlotte NC

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk