D8-40C step down

Started by Badhorse79, May 15, 2013, 09:41:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Badhorse79

I've noticed awhile ago that NS D8-40Cs 8714 - 8763 have a drop down step added to the anticlimber to align them with the EMD anti climbers so after some serious thought to cut up a perfectly fine looking loco to add some much needed details to 8735 which will become 8762 do to it having an AC also gave it the right exhaust and the box added to the front of the engineers front window will also have the end handrails corrected to the "L" shape to account for the drop !

NSMoWandS

Nice little detail to add. I looked at a pic of the real unit(8762)... have fun with that paint job! LOL! Dan

Badhorse79

Thanks dan but I changed my mind lol I wasn't looking forward to that  ,so since I could save the paint job I just numbered it 8757 to keep HorseHead scheme and added some dirt to blend in the new paint

Badhorse79

It shows it up side down but when I click it its right side up ?????

Badhorse79

NSMoWandS

Ah yes... that was management thinking. LOL! Dan

Badhorse79

I'd rather have the step down than the diving board the 38 has lol
Management has brain farts all the time   ;)

Badhorse79

I forgot to post this one ! Looked kinda awesome

8757 say wanna play chicken

fireball451

NSMoWandS

Nice! Now, all you need to do is put it on some track and fire up those lights! Dan

Badhorse79

Thanks guys !i have a Bachmann CW that I think was horrible looking the fuel tank look really small so I built it a new one then I was thinkin about buying an atlas shell for ! But any who this is basically a "step down D8 so here's a pic of the tank I built

Badhorse79

Badhorse79

Also raised the body up , it was causing uneven coupling and the plow would short it out

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk