I think i need a round house .

Started by Badhorse79, May 13, 2012, 10:05:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Badhorse79

Well I was cleaning up the dusty ones and this is what I got

NSD9-40CW

Railfan of the KCS and NS in Louisiana

Badhorse79

Thanks ... I was going to post some pics of individual shots, but the size would only allow 1 pic to.upload at a time 26 post is alot....but this is my fav.

Badhorse79

NSD9-40CW

I would love to see most of roster cause the locos look great.

Badhorse79

Badhorse79

Badhorse79

I absolutely love this loco definitely my fav ofthe fleet

Badhorse79

And for you NSD9-40CW

NSD9-40CW

NSD9-40CW

Heres my 2 Pride an joys of my fleet.

Badhorse79

Badhorse79

I think who ever I bought this off of painted it because ... like I wanted yours has the 4 windows ... and the rear head light is lower ! Is yours low? Also the number from what I seen isn't right! 

NSMoWandS

That's alot of engines! And I thought the 16 locos I had was alot. Is that a slug all the way at the end?

Badhorse79

Why yes it is ... I believe my first conversations with you MoW started with me asking how to... here she is

NSMoWandS

Yes, I believe it was... even though I made a CSX Slug(2342) the only one they made from a GP38-2(all the others in their second slug program were GP40's) so it has a smaller fuel tank. But, I like to have odd balls... I also have a non DB GP38-2... one of only four that CSX owns. That is why I am seriously thinking about doing a B40-8 that was ex-NS and sold to CSX... the black with yellow numbers we talked about before. And, also why I want to paint my SD80MAC into Conrail Paint. After, I finish all that... The only locos I need( ok, ok... that I WANT) would be another GP38-2(can't have too many of those),  SD60M/I, and a standard cab C40-8. Maybe another GP40-2. And since I have your attention... I am going to model a NS loco... which do you think? I was leaning towards Standard Cab SD70 or Standard Cab SD60. CSX is widecab king... so I was going to steer away from them... cause, in reality, it looks like I will have to buy an ES40/44DC in YN3 paint... since CSX has 400 of them! But, that will prob be last on list! haha!

Badhorse79

I would do a SD70 those are my favorite 6 packs (axles) or ya could do one of the 50 or so GP50 high hoods that'll make up some love to the NS fans here , I know what ya mean about the biggest count on the roster and not having one or only one.  I have 1 D9CW,  they have 1089 ! My want to's are ..SD40-2 GP38-2 GP50 High nose , had SD40 at one time but when we moved it was damaged and 1378 was the other high hood I had Now it's lowered like the real one and numbered 3084

NSMoWandS

Nice... I also noticed you have a couple dino's(SD45-2) too... are they the ex EL's with 5000 gallon tanks or just regulars? Yeah I was leaning towards the 70!

Badhorse79

Funny ya asked ...the 45-2 is a sorry about this ... but it was clinchfield I cut strips to make the tank 5000

NSD9-40CW

KCS Has 4 Versions of the ES44AC and I'll label out the differences for ya. Now the one you have is done by Intermountain so its not an cusome painted model. My model is an Tower 55 unit that I Moved the low rear headlight to the top in the vertical position, added the late style rear radiator vents, and I also modifed the snow plow to the style that the KCS versions have. I modeled my unit after the 4680-4709 series.

KCSM ES44ACs-4650-4679 has the 3 Window setup with the low rear headlight.
http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPicture.aspx?id=730078

KCS 4680-4709 has the 4 window setup with the vertical rear high headlight
http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPicture.aspx?id=2428761

KCSM 4710-4759 has the 4 window setup with the horizontal high rear headlight.
http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPicture.aspx?id=1532979

KCS 4762-4789 is the newer style of the ES44AC also has the four window setup, horizontal rear high headlight and all of the other newer features
http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPicture.aspx?id=2428761

Badhorse79

Thanks D I was looking on Railpics but never seen them ... maybe I overlooked them . Its a great looking model so KCS it stays

NSD9-40CW

Sweet dont for get to had the signature candy cane handrail stripes. I've considered getting one of the IMRC KCSM ES44s or another T55.

Badhorse79

I wish I would have payed closer attention ideally I love researching a loco before I bid on it but with 2 hours to go and it was still at $30 I jumped lol but hey its not a heritage loco but it closely resembles the Old NS scheme

NSD9-40CW

I would have jumped on it too,but among us KCS fans the newer scheme is considered an heritage scheme. Hopefully I can get some stuff sold off so I can fund my Southern Heritage ES44AC project.

Badhorse79

That's one scheme that I thinks the best but I know every NS modeler will be doing it so I choose not to make it a priority.  Doesn't mean ill never have it but not now lol NKP NYC Interstate And one other ACe are my options ! slowly but surely ill have them all ( says with evil grin and scary laugh )

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk