good for a laugh..

Started by E.M. Bell, September 04, 2006, 10:23:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

E.M. Bell

Pre-tagged cars...just what you need!

http://www.maisto.com/products.asp?ID=172

and this is even better..never mind the fact that the product is just plain sorry looking..they cant even get it right to make a picture..can you spot the obvious flaw here..I mean besides the fact they make these..

http://www.maisto.com/product_detail.asp?prod=1141&from=86
E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

NS 2557

Intermountain railway company make's car's like that in HO and N scale.
You cant spell garbage without GE

CSX = Chemical Spill Xperts

ccaranna

I'll tell you what, I know that grafitti is a fact of life and it's never going to go away, but it's not something I want to represent on my layout, no matter how authentic I'm trying to make it.  It's just ugly, plus, if I wanted to do it, I would try to draw it myself.

Also, while we're on the subject of realistic weathering, I prefer to lightly weather my models.  I've seen some that are so dirty that it is difficult to see what the railroad is.  I like to represent the fading of paint by lightening up the color (especially NS Black) instead of coating it with layer of dust.  The trucks should show some dirt, but there really aren't that many truly filthy units on NS.  Granted, as you get closer to the prototype dirt becomes more apparent, but a little weathering goes a long way in the model RR world.  We rarely are right on top of our models, and we often view them from a distance, so I try to keep the whole distance concept in perspective and weather accordingly. 

Chuck

Dieselfan

The least they could do is turn the tender around the right way!
EMD ; There is NO Substitute!!!

E.M. Bell

Im impressed sean..I didnt figure that a diesel guy would have noticed  ;D
E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

JCagle

Notice that they have even called it a coal car in the detail.  That looks an awful lot like a tender to me instead of a hopper...... As for the pretagged cars you could go fully authentic and get some scale thugs with spray cans to make that Detroit Yard replica fully authentic (gunshots not included).
Alpha Phi Psi - Tarheel Chapter

Dieselfan

Quote from: E.M. Bell on September 27, 2006, 10:04:44 PM
Im impressed sean..I didnt figure that a diesel guy would have noticed  ;D

That stood out like a sore thumb!
There's nothing like a good steam engine blowin cinders all over you! Summers around the NS aren't quite the same since they quit runnin the 1218 and 611!
EMD ; There is NO Substitute!!!

JCagle

QuoteThere's nothing like a good steam engine blowin cinders all over you! Summers around the NS aren't quite the same since they quit runnin the 1218 and 611!

Amen to that one. Just made the pilgramage to Roanoke today to visit the ole girls! It was a great trip.
Alpha Phi Psi - Tarheel Chapter

Michael Knight

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk