Fun in a hand basket

Started by Badhorse79, March 17, 2012, 10:18:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Badhorse79

Well awhile back a Friend sent me a B40-8 walthers loco ! This poor thing was beat and wrecked so I saved her from the scrap box ! Im so happy that I could do this cause its by far my best come back loco and I would like to dedicate it to MK and the rest of my JREB comrades ! With out your guys help n gratitude and building up my self esteem  this ones for you guys n gals!  This is just the primer but its come a loooong way ! The only new things are the Cab n nose everything else was beg borrowed or stolen off junk left overs

Badhorse79

The front pilot as well is actually from a rail power shell sorry forgot to mention that

Michael Knight

That thing looks amazing, Mr. Badhorse! You are a good craftsman for sure! Thanks for posting and can't wait to see it finished! What number will it become?

Badhorse79

3546 the only 35mm disposable picture I have of one of these at Danville from 1992 ! And thank you ! This and the Gevo will never leave my collection ! Though I hope none have to leave my collection

NSMoWandS

I thought about doing a B40-8... then notice CSX has de-rated them to B20-8??? So, I guess they are used in switching service??? I will stick with a GP38-2 for switching thank you! haha! Looks good Badhorse... do you have a B32-8?

Badhorse79

I do now!  Yesterday I went to another swap meet and picked up another walthers B40-8 CSX and I really needed as I would of never guessed on how to rewire 3546!  And the thing is basically brand new $15 couldn't pass on it all though there was a guy there who had a SD70 no# genesis for $50.... yes $50 I only took $60 and I already bought a book about cincy railroads 1968-1990,s so that still remains the only 70 I need to complete the series

NSMoWandS

Cool. If you do not want that CSX B40... I will buy it from you... i will pay shipping and offer $30. Double your money. Just curious.

Badhorse79

How about 20 and ill throw in a plow and set of sunshades

NSMoWandS

That works for me... PM me with your address and when you figure shipping... I will send you payment. I will also send you those steps... I doubt it will add to the weight of a regular letter, but I will just put two stamps on it! haha!

Badhorse79

Here's the B32-8 sitting n waiting for its first local run ...

Michael Knight

Wow! I know you've tackled a lot more complex modeling projects than this one, but I must say that finished model is the best looking model of yours that I've seen yet!

The paint and decaling looks awesome! I don't even see any decal film around the edges! Great job!

Considering what this engine looked like before, it is even more of an accomplishment! Again great job and thanks for sharing!

NSMoWandS

Looks great! Couple it up to a HH GP38-2 and you have got yourself a nice local!

Badhorse79

Thanks Mike .. ya know I wanted it to look good specialy for you I should of took a photo before but I think I posted it on an earlier post ... hmm I need to find that ... And MoW heres a HH 38-2 ( horsehead ) not High Hood coupled up actually, they are my Eastside local power and 3084 and 713 handle the west end man I cant wait to get this layout finished

Badhorse79

Ok I found it ... poor poor loco.

Michael Knight

Well you sure did a good job on it! It almost looked prototypical for the 3544. lol

http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPicture.aspx?id=89257

NSMoWandS

Looks great! I keep two engines-i.e.GP38-2's/GP40-2 at my engine terminal for my yard(Bayard Yard) and branch down to Wilson(Sand/Pan run around). Now that spring is here and Byrd's Sand & Gravel will be getting cuts of rock and sand cars... I will need to couple up two units for the run to Wilson! Maybe my 40/mate might get sent back... maybe my friends are right and I DO need to get a new hobby?

Michael Knight

Could you post a pic of the other side, Mr. Badhorse! Thanks

Badhorse79

Badhorse79

The battery boxes are high tech panels left over from the Gevo .... to me im not to proud there a slight space between the dynamic break hood n engine compartment so no critique I know its there lol

Michael Knight

It looks great, Badhorse! I like the slight gap, looks realistic like the loco just had the engine hood lowered back on after servicing.

Badhorse79

Thanks mike ... I should have just cut the 4 doors off to make it a true 32-8 but I would of needed to cut the frame and trimming it just to get the new front end to fit sucked so I figured .... uuh Noope

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk