FEC SD70M-2s to move

Started by E.M. Bell, November 08, 2006, 09:18:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

E.M. Bell

A good source has informed me that the first of the new SD70M-2's that EMD has released is enroute via the CN to VMV at Paducah KY for paint. Once VMV releases those, I would expect them to move to Louisville via the PAL, then to Jacksonville Fla via the NS.

Those units are supposed to have some sort of new FEC paint scheme, and should be a good catch. If anyone happens to see/hear those on the move on the NS, post a heads up for us!
E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

Backyard

Backyard/Allen

Full Service

FEC 100 & 101 to test on the PAL this week, then ship South to Jacksonville Fla via the NS.
WB

Dieselfan

Read on another list units painted in a scheme like the Alaska RR.Carbody blue with yellow stripe down the side with Florida East Coast spelled out in blue in the stripe.Undercarrige in silver.We'll see how it looks when they roll through!
EMD ; There is NO Substitute!!!

E.M. Bell

The latest info has these units starting to move from VMV on Jan 6th. The rumor mill is in high gear, with folks saying they will move on CSX, but I am still guessing a NS routing South from Louisville, that is simply the quickest way!
E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

Backyard

Backyard/Allen

cmherndon

Word from the Kentucky and PAL lists says that FEC 100-103 deaprted Paducah at around 10:30 last night.  They are heading to Louisville on train PL4.
Caleb M. Herndon, KK4CDT
Frankfort, KY
http://www.cmherndon.com

"The human mind is like a railroad freight car; guaranteed to have a certain capacity, but often running empty."

Batman

i hear they will run on csx via nashville , chatta , atl.

Joe Vittitoe

Went to CSX via the Henderson Sub.As of 10:30 this morning they were sitting
in Madisonville Ky.

Batman

OS Manchester , Ga ,  heading for Way X.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk