My version of Black Friday

Started by Matt L, December 02, 2014, 07:57:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt L

Black Friday tends to conjure images of people trampling each other at the mall. You won't catch me anywhere near that nonsense. I chose instead to spend the day after Thanksgiving with the black iron horses of NS.

This is NS 13T heading eastbound on the Southern Tier Mainline:

All photos in this post were taken by me Friday 11/27/2014 at the Hammond Street crossing in Big Flats, NY.
Got questions? I can help you with the Erie Lackawanna (including predecessors), Lehigh Valley, Delaware & Hudson and the shortlines of upstate NY.

Matt L

NS hoppers loaded with ties from a recent rehab project on the Tier:

Photo taken by me Friday 11/27/2014 in Rathbone, NY.
Got questions? I can help you with the Erie Lackawanna (including predecessors), Lehigh Valley, Delaware & Hudson and the shortlines of upstate NY.

Matt L

The Gang Mills yard job returns with a string of cars left out on the lead at the west end of the yard:

This yard job had a combination of an SD40-2 and a GP38-2, a pairing I have also noticed elsewhere on NS:

NS/CP 39T arrived while the yard job passed under the Route 417 bridge. It can barely be seen behind the other string of freight cars.

All photos in this post were taken by me Friday 11/28/2014 in Gang Mills, NY. Also seen but not photographed- NS 310 heading eastbound while I was driving on I-99/Route 15 just few miles from this location.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk