Blue skies and a blue loco at Dalton, GA

Started by NSMoWandS, November 07, 2013, 10:39:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NSMoWandS

On Friday, Nov 1st... I spend a couple hours at Dalton, Ga. It was about 75F and just beautiful!!! Within 10 mins of getting there... 790, a loaded coal train headed towards Cedartown came rolling through. And surprise, surprise... the Conrail Heritage unit was leading. The first pics shows not only the CR Unit, but, also the trailing unit was an old CR unit. The second pic shows the DPU's. Although, the DPU's numbers were only about 15 apart... they look like they were built years apart! DE Dan

NSMoWandS

Next up was another loaded coal train... although, this time I was treated to BNSF Units. One green and cream(my personal fav) and the other a pumpkin SD70ACe.

NSMoWandS

The DPU's on the BNSF train. Then a NB was let out of the hole to head towards Chattanooga, TN.

NSMoWandS

Next up was a roadrailer with a standard cab SD70 leading... which I think could use a new paint job!

NSMoWandS

Hidden about 3/4 of the way in the train was Roadrailer Trailer #10,000 with its special paint!
And the last train was a manifest with NS units on the CSX main. DE Dan

Matt L

Nice catches with the CR heritage unit and the standard cab SD70. I don't care how grimy they get- I love seeing a standard cab.
Got questions? I can help you with the Erie Lackawanna (including predecessors), Lehigh Valley, Delaware & Hudson and the shortlines of upstate NY.

dschlegel

Hey DE Dan, nice series of pics! I've seen that Triple Crown trailer at least twice but neither time did I have a camera with me.

Also, that looks like a really neat spot to railfan, if I ever find myself down in that area again I'll be sure to stop by.

PA Dan

thpbears

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk