my daughters first train shot

Started by Kentucky & Indiana Terminal RR, September 13, 2010, 10:15:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kentucky & Indiana Terminal RR

This is my eleven year old daughters first attempt at a train picture, I posted it here because it is not NS related, I hope nobody minds.  She was so proud of this shot, so I told her I would post it online for you guys to see.  Its taken on Muldraugh hill on my railroad (PAL) so anyone that knows this area knows how hard it is to get the lighting right at this location.  She was a little nervous being this close at track speed but for just turning 11 and this is her first camera I thought she did pretty well.
"The engineer in the old high cab his gold watch in his hand, looking at the waterglass and letting down the sand, rolling out on the old main line taking up the slack, gone today so they say but tomorrow he'll be back...."

Conrail Quality

I think she did pretty well! I sometimes do that, follow the engine with my camera, it adds a nice effect.
Specializing in ex-conrail equipment

Beavis

That's a great shot.  She did well.

E.M. Bell

Teach em young...:)  First shot, and a EMD to boot..you should be a proud dad!
E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

maersksealand3329

Thats a good start.  She might want to work on her timing a little bit.  I practiced with cars going down the road until I had it down. 
SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!!!!!!!!!!!
Its My Life :-)
www.facebook.com/railfan1
Skype-michael.fair3

VirginiaSouthern

That's awesome that she's into it.  While I'm not even remotely rushing my daughter to grow up (she's almost 3 now) I am looking forward to the day I can put a camera in her hand trackside (or anywhere for that matter).
Tommy Warshaw
Click here to see my photos on Flickr

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk