Ten Dead Snakes in the Middle of the Road

Started by butch, May 25, 2009, 12:11:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

butch

I told Emmett that I would respond to his FB post today.  I spent the last two days on the southern end of the CNO&TP Rathole [more on that later]. and the only critters I saw were ticks and spiders.  I left Oakdale mid-afternoon today and in about two hours, I saw at least ten dead snakes on the road.  I also saw two live ones.  The 24" copperhead was hanging out just past Camp Austin and the 4' rat snake was near a crossing at Sunbright.
Butch Adkins

Railroad Tunnel hunting in Kentucky

Gage O'Dell

lol i really didnt think you would do that. Nice pictures though ;D

Backyard

8) ...free hat-bands...with lunchmeat...
Backyard/Allen

butch

Butch Adkins

E.M. Bell

Hell no...thats it, I am NEVER shooting CSX again. 

Butch, My hands off to ya for having the intestinal fortitude to shoot that, I would have been three counties away and still screaming by the time you got the camera on.. 
E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

butch

Well, in the interest of full disclosure, its 33" became 31" about 20 minutes before we found it when it chose the wrong time to cross the rails below the Hickory Creek Tunnels south of Jellico. 
Butch Adkins

JCagle

Does he count as two now? There has been lots of snake activity everywhere it seems lately. There was even a little king snake in the parking lot at the office the other day, and we are right on the edge of uptown Charlotte.
Alpha Phi Psi - Tarheel Chapter

E.M. Bell

Now thats a good looking snake right there, best kind there can be.. Did u keep the rattle?
E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

butch

The only thing left of the head was a little piece of bone with one fang on it, so it really would qualify as two. 

And I have the rattle on my dresser.  Brent mentioned skinning it and I wish I had now-I need a new billfold.
Butch Adkins

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk