train yard graffiti: part one

Started by Backyard, November 16, 2008, 02:39:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Backyard

8) No reporting marks involve...there is a list of these, double click on the embedded screen...

::)

Backyard/Allen

JCagle

Wow, that is amazing. This guy and his "Crew" must not have jobs or anything to do. I wish Youtube would stop letting people put stuff like this up, even though it would be great to see them get caught. I bet they could trace the IP address and nail him if they realy wanted, but I guess there are better things to do.
Alpha Phi Psi - Tarheel Chapter

Michael Knight

Quote from: jbcagle7073 on November 16, 2008, 03:06:29 AM
Wow, that is amazing. This guy and his "Crew" must not have jobs or anything to do. I wish Youtube would stop letting people put stuff like this up, even though it would be great to see them get caught. I bet they could trace the IP address and nail him if they really wanted, but I guess there are better things to do.

I with you, Jason. The trespassing activities of the taggers is extremely dangerous and destructive.

Backyard

8) ...you have no clue at all the different stuff I found on YouTube last night...started with a link posted by Mr. Cagle.

I figured most of the crew around this are fairly mature, not interested in taking painting lessons.

The only thing about tagging I don't like is not being able to recognise what the words say...gang logos & such...

I have seen some tagging where the taggers actually masked the reporting marks & data...to reduce the need for repainting the car...though this car has been recently spot painted...
Backyard/Allen

ORVILLE

Comment huh.  You should serve time for the graffite (sp). 
:'(

Michael Knight

If makes no difference if they mask the reporting marks or not; I have no respect for the cop-outs at life who paint graffiti. And it's still highly illegal.

Michael Knight

Terrible music, too!

I don't see any references to NS in the video, so I'm moving it to the off topic forum. Let's continue our discussion there.

Backyard

8) I forgot to mention you might want to mute the sound...
Backyard/Allen

Michael Knight

Quote from: Backyard on November 16, 2008, 04:30:33 PM
8) I forgot to mention you might want to mute the sound...

No worries! At least the train at the beginning sounded cool. ;)

JCagle

I've always thought there could be a book in graffiti on cars. There are some surprising masterful works of art out there on the rails, and some stuff that just makes you laugh. After looking at several of this guy's videos it looks like he only needs about half an hour to put his latest concept on the side of a car. Just imagine what these guys could do in an area where the cars sit for days or a week without being moved.
Alpha Phi Psi - Tarheel Chapter

GAandFLA-RR

I've actually seen some cars with the graffiti painted around the reporting marks.  I guess a few of those taggers realize the importance of a few letters with some numbers beside/under them.  Unless those taggers are actually railroaders!  HA!

We have a SOU 98000 series ACF covered hopper that visits Savannah quite often with a mural of a desert painted on one side.......the WHOLE side.....top to bottom with "RUSTAFARI" on top.  Even though I personally hate seeing graffiti-attacked cars I must confess that this one actually looked good.  A lot of these hoppers are beat up and have a good deal of rust on 'em anyway, so this tagger probably helped matters some, ha ha!  I've tried several times to get a pic of it, but it was always buried in the class tracks......

Just watched one of my train videos the other day, made back in the mid-90's.  Of all the trains on that video, I think I remember seeing ONE or TWO cars with a little bit of graffiti........that's it.  Man, how that has changed now.

Jared

NS car inspector
Long live the G&F
LONG HOOD FORWARD FOREVER

Backyard

8) Save for the occasional railroad employee or contractor randomly spraying a freightcar to test the spray can, nothing looks worse than  fallen flag rolling stock "patched."

I enjoy the occasional passing by of heritage legacy equipment because it brings back so many memories...but not necessarily in a rusted state of decay...
Backyard/Allen

TM3358

Theres a ns eng that has had quite a bit paint thrown at it you can tell where they have went over it it is either 5515 or 5513 I think it was the 13 because I got a good close look at it after T 73 hit a truck in tate & lyle

Backyard

8) It takes a dare-devil to tag an engine...as bad as they sometimes look I would not recommend it!
Backyard/Allen

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk