rails and ties F units

Started by mybrotherskids, September 20, 2008, 09:32:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mybrotherskids

I recently saw a movie called rails and ties with kevin bacon.  He is a engineer in this movie for some outfit called coastal blue  probably some made up name or a western commuter outfit I never heard of .  either way there are some knockout f units or e units all through the beginning of this movie with working mars lights, just going by the over and under dual headlights I thought maybe they were old rio grande units but I didnt know if anybody knew where they really come from or if thats a real railroad.  It had table top control stands in a f unit, never saw that on the ex southerns we had at corman back when I worked there!! I know this is a odd question but Ive come to figure out this a good place for odd answers!!   thanks

E.M. Bell

Those look like the F units that belong to the Filmore and Western RR in Filmore CA.  They have been used for tons of movie and TV work over the years. 

E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

mybrotherskids

yep I never heard of them til you said that then I looked it up it was their stuff.  looks like they been in a million shows, I noticed some gps in the backround a few times that totally didnt match and  I saw those units on their website so it was theirs also.  thanks mr bell

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk