Where is the corman steam pics??!!

Started by Dieselfan, May 27, 2008, 09:19:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dieselfan

Didn't anyone from this group go and chase Cormans rolling ego er rolling billboard Saturday. Haven't seen any pics posted on here.After all it was a steam train.Or could anyone NOT afford the gas like me ;D
EMD ; There is NO Substitute!!!

E.M. Bell

Id say we wont be seeing any of that kind of thing here....will we???    ;)
E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

butch

Got a few, didn't want to be banned!
Butch Adkins

Railroad Tunnel hunting in Kentucky

alxmoss1992

I have a few you can view on Railpictures or Louisvillerailfanning.com! This is a NS Forum not a corman forum so I didnt post to corman pics for 2 reasons.
Alex L. Moss

Dieselfan

Quote from: E.M. Bell on May 27, 2008, 09:22:24 PM

I didn't  really expect to see any pics on here,just a little surprised no mention of it anywhere after the fact! Good or bad. Come on Emmett,fess up we know you were track side snapping a bunch of digitals ;)

TB4JY

Quote from: Dieselfan on May 28, 2008, 08:31:03 AM

I didn't  really expect to see any pics on here,just a little surprised no mention of it anywhere after the fact! Good or bad. Come on Emmett,fess up we know you were track side snapping a bunch of digitals ;)

Oh man....   This is going to get good. ;D

alxmoss1992

The day that emmett does some railfanning on RJ Corman is the day that hell will freeze over!
Alex L. Moss

Dieselfan

Or the Cubs win the  World Series ;D

ORVILLE

That would be something if the Cubs won the World Series.   ;D

Backyard

8) There was a discussion hear a while back of why Mr. Corman did not make a bold effort to re-hab a native steamer...
Backyard/Allen

E.M. Bell

Actually, I was at work, racking up 26 hours of overtime in Two days...a much better use of my time. 

I am still reeling  from the Corman news release, more so this quote..  "Now is the chance to get a glimpse of this country and state's historic past." uh huh..... Looked like the circus came to town to me..that aint steam, thats a travesty
E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

butch

The Cubs win the World Series!!!...a 100 years ago.  In 1908 the Cubs won their second WS in a row; Babe Ruth was 13 years old; Adoph Rupp was 7 years old;  the CNO&TP was still using 11 tunnels in KY; and the route that Corman's steam engine took Saturday was known as L&N's Short Line.
Butch Adkins

Hoydie17

Quote from: E.M. Bell on May 28, 2008, 07:55:45 PM

Actually, I was at work, racking up 26 hours of overtime in Two days...a much better use of my time. 

I am still reeling  from the Corman news release, more so this quote..  "Now is the chance to get a glimpse of this country and state's historic past." uh huh..... Looked like the circus came to town to me..that aint steam, thats a travesty

Looking at the pictures I've seen of that scrap heap so far, all I can say is, Corman really is a peacock, eh?
Α Φ Ψ  -  Old Dominion Chapter

"I'm not only the club president, I'm also a client."

CTT1(SW) Steven P. Daugherty, United States Navy - 1978 to 2007 - KIA, Baghdad, Iraq - You will not be forgotten.

Dieselfan

[

[/quote]

I'll have to agree with you Emmett,the only thing that seemed to be missing was the clown car full of clowns......or helicopter...... oh wait there was a helicopter full of.....
And is one of the headlights green ???     I  had a lot of better things to waste  $4.00 a gallon of gas on!

GO CUBS !!!

alxmoss1992

Quote from: Backyard on May 28, 2008, 07:45:53 PM
8) There was a discussion hear a while back of why Mr. Corman did not make a bold effort to re-hab a native steamer...
Because if he woulda got an american steam engine people would have hung rick for repainting it in his RR Colors!
Alex L. Moss

Gage O'Dell

Quote from: ORVILLE on May 28, 2008, 03:47:53 PM
That would be something if the Cubs won the World Series.   ;D
THE CUBS ARE AWESOME

ORVILLE

Of course the Cubs are fanstick.  ;D

GP30Rider

Give Rick Corman a break.   He is on TONS of drugs you know. 

Hoydie17

Quote from: NSFan14 on May 29, 2008, 04:16:30 PM
Quote from: Backyard on May 28, 2008, 07:45:53 PM
Because if he woulda got an american steam engine people would have hung rick for repainting it in his RR Colors!

Yep, instead now he buys an engine from a Communist State, and paints it in a color synonomous with Communism.   I realize it was his company colors before this occurrence of course, but I think I'd rather be strung out for sticking some red on an American build engine.
Α Φ Ψ  -  Old Dominion Chapter

"I'm not only the club president, I'm also a client."

CTT1(SW) Steven P. Daugherty, United States Navy - 1978 to 2007 - KIA, Baghdad, Iraq - You will not be forgotten.

butch

So the choice is really Cubs or Corman?

Butch Adkins

alxmoss1992

Well personally I doubt rick really cares what the people say about his paint job on the QJ. He has done a good job with trying to bring steam back to Kentucky so for that I pat rick on the back!
Alex L. Moss

ORVILLE

kbarnett

Butch,

If I had known you were going to be at the east side of the tunnel, I would have made more smoke for you. But with that Pocahontas coal you have to really over-fire to get smoke.

KB

Gage O'Dell

butch

It appears that a Corman-Cubs partnership has developed.  At a recent Cubs game, a half-scale QJ prepared to circle the warning track in celebration of a Cubs home run.

Butch Adkins

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk